Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a new helmet to replace my ghissallo (may have spelled that wrong). Any ways I mean I want a different helmet, something slightly more unique. I am not interested in giro or bell, and unfortunately I can not condone the price of catlike even though they are awesome and not many people around me have one. At the moment I am looking at lazer. Does anyone know of any other comopanies that make some decent helmets? Does Louis Garneau still make helmets?

·
Bianchi-Campagnolo
3,902 Posts
MET, BBB, Selev, Spiuik...

I use a Selev Blitz myself and I like it a lot.

·
prosciutto corsa
364 Posts
Louis Garneau still makes helmets.

All helmets will basically be the same in terms of safety standards, so get what tickles your goat in terms of style and price.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
johnny dollar said:
Louis Garneau still makes helmets.

All helmets will basically be the same in terms of safety standards, so get what tickles your goat in terms of style and price.
I know this, Im just looking for different helmet makers. I want something slightly more original than bell and giro.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
genius1265 said:
Does Louis Garneau still make helmets?
Most of the Louis Garneau's are on sale at Performance right now.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
genius1265 said:
Does Louis Garneau still make helmets?
Most of the Louis Garneau's are on sale at Performance right now.

·
prosciutto corsa
364 Posts
genius1265 said:
I know this, Im just looking for different helmet makers. I want something slightly more original than bell and giro.
In that case, check out some LG helmets.

Pretty sharp looking and on sale as another poster mentioned. I like mine.

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
I use a "Spyder Mercury", which is the same as the Performance Scattante Spyder, which is the same as the BBB Falcon used by Colfidis and Quick Step.. Cool helmet with the Aluminum frame piece, and costs less than most.

Bought mine as the Spider Mercury because of the green color. Only con I'd make out is that it's not great at holding sunglasses, if you ever put them up there.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just bought a rudy project Kontact helmet. Looks sharp - lower profile if you're trying to minimize mushroom look. I had a Giro Pneumo before. It all depends on how it fits your head though - Rudy Project worked for me.

·
Banned
1,317 Posts
Catlike Whisper is cool to me, but i'm stuck using my spec decibel until i can find a good helmet thats worth the upgrade over my $160 one

·
Registered
212 Posts
this is different

guarantee you'll get noticed

In Australia a turban qualifies as a helmet substitute

1 - 17 of 17 Posts