·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I can watch her blow bubble rings.

·
Registered
11,073 Posts
not to be a buzzkill, but watch The Cove or Blood Dolphins to see why no one should have a dolphin or approve of them being in captivity.

·
Registered
961 Posts
dolphin art. that is cool. maybe they are smarter than us.

i've seen humpback whales do what's called 'bubble net' feeding. they create much larger bubble circles to coral small fish, then rise up from below to consume them. from the air the bubble nets are nearly perfect circles.

·
What the what???
12,758 Posts
I just show the vid to my 10 year old daughter. She may be leaning toward a career as a marine biologist now :) Thanks.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Like making bubbles in the bathtub is hard. Pass me a burrito.

:p :D

That is pretty cool though.

·
Matnlely Dregaend
4,900 Posts

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Still the wrong dolphin, although it is the females that blow the bubbles. She doesn't do much for me though, nttawwt.

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
CdaleNut said:
Snap, you're hard to please huh ?:mad2:
Very. Just ask Dave.

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Art853 said:
That's pretty cool.... :)

Q. WE KNOW THAT DOLPHINS ARE HIGHLY TRAINABLE. BUT HOW SMART ARE THEY, REALLY?

A. Let me tell you a story. One of the first dolphins I ever worked with was Circe. I’d bring her a fish when I wanted her to do certain things. If she didn’t do them, I did a “time-out” where I turned my back and walked away. Well, there was a certain type of fish that Circe loathed because it had a spiny tail. So I accommodated her by cutting the spines off of the tail. One day, I forgot to do that. Circe spit it out, swam to the other side of the pool and placed herself into a vertical position that mimicked my time-out. I wanted to test this. I gave her untrimmed fish on four different days. Whenever I gave her fish with spiny tails, she gave me a time-out. What that suggested was that she saw time out as a correction and used it back on me. Well, that’s how we learn to communicate.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,421 Posts
Dolphin....
Mmmmmmmmmm

Love 'em.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts