Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
No team-cest unless 8+!
7,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... and I'm being completely indecisive about it.

Yes, I still haven't gotten one since that post I started in September or so...

Before it was the Blur...

Then Carbon Blur...

Then Intense Spider FRO...

Then Turner Flux...

Then Titus X...

I don't know what I want. :cryin:

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Cruzer2424 said:

Then Carbon Blur...

Then Turner Flux...

Then Titus X...

You want a Redline Monocog 29er...then give me the balance of $$ you would have spent on one of those prima donna MTBs. I'll make sure and put it to good use and you'll get the added benefit of HTFU for no extra charge..

·
Adorable Furry Hombre
30,963 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
You want a Redline Monocog 29er...then give me the balance of $$ you would have spent on one of those prima donna MTBs. I'll make sure and put it to good use and you'll get the added benefit of HTFU for no extra charge..
Isn't "prima donna" and "MTB" a contradiction?

·
No team-cest unless 8+!
7,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bocephus Jones II said:
Alright. I'll take flank for being crazy enough to race that bike in solo and duo 12/24 hour events. But I ain't that nucking futz bastid who races them on a rigid SS...

·
I ride in circles..
4,645 Posts
Get a Blur LT but not carbon.. I don't think it's been thrash tested enough yet to warrant the $$$.. Wait for a few more months of people abusing them to see if it's worth you money.

The new LT is pretty sweet though. If I ever buy another mountain bike it will be a Blur LT.

·
Premium Member
11,955 Posts
Cruzer2424 said:

Then Carbon Blur...

Then Turner Flux...

Then Titus X...

gross. Support your local framebuilder. :thumbsup:

·
No team-cest unless 8+!
7,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ZoSoSwiM said:
Get a Blur LT but not carbon.. I don't think it's been thrash tested enough yet to warrant the $$$.. Wait for a few more months of people abusing them to see if it's worth you money.

The new LT is pretty sweet though. If I ever buy another mountain bike it will be a Blur LT.

Spider FRO = 100mm travel

Turner Flux = 100mm

Blur XC Carbon = 105mm

Titus X = 105mm

Blur LT = 140mm?!? :yikes:

·
More cowbell!
2,527 Posts
I recently tried the 29er koolaid. I'm completely and irreversibly hooked.

I bought a Niner EMD9 in Rootbeer and built it up with a Reba Race, X.0 drivetrain, and King / Stans Arch wheels. I love that bike. Check out pics in my thread 'stimulating my economy: part deux' here in the Lounge a few weeks ago.

It looks like you're leaning towards full suspension. The bigger wheels negate the need for about 1.5-2" of travel. A 2.5" travel 29er is roughly equivalent to a 4-5" travel 26er. Thus, I submit to you the Niner Jet9.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,427 Posts
Nope.
Haven't ridden mine now, for a few years, since I've developed a craven' for trainer punishment in the winter.

(8 speed Stumpjumper hardtail w/ XT)

·
Bikespace member
4,445 Posts
Cyclo-phile said:
It looks like you're leaning towards full suspension. The bigger wheels negate the need for about 1.5-2" of travel. A 2.5" travel 29er is roughly equivalent to a 4-5" travel 26er. Thus, I submit to you the Niner Jet9.

is that why there aren't more 29er FS bikes? seems like you always here the "benefits" of 29ers and FS but rarely see the 2 together.

·
No team-cest unless 8+!
7,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
moschika said:
is that why there aren't more 29er FS bikes? seems like you always here the "benefits" of 29ers and FS but rarely see the 2 together.
My guess is the world just isn't ready for them yet...

At least I'm not. :p

·
Bikespace member
4,445 Posts
Cruzer2424 said:
Hmm... not sure how I feel about racing a steel bike when I'm already a tank, myself.
you should call jeremy and talk to him about it. help stimulate my local economy. IF, i was going to get a new MTB, this is on my short, short list.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.