Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a great big oak tree that could hold the Swiss family Robinson, but the branches don't start until about 30ft off the ground. Anyone ever built a tree house this far off the ground? I can't imagine the logistics of actually doing it. Man I wish it were a live oak instead of the gigantic ones. But that's neither here nor there.

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't actually expect a serious response, especially from you. That's some serious treehousage. I guess in terms of what that guy built, I was thinking more along the lines of a tree-screened-in-porch. :D

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
paint said:
I didn't actually expect a serious response, especially from you. That's some serious treehousage. I guess in terms of what that guy built, I was thinking more along the lines of a tree-screened-in-porch. :D
No serious response from me? Where do you get these silly notions. :rolleyes:

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
paint said:
We have a great big oak tree that could hold the Swiss family Robinson, but the branches don't start until about 30ft off the ground. Anyone ever built a tree house this far off the ground? I can't imagine the logistics of actually doing it. Man I wish it were a live oak instead of the gigantic ones. But that's neither here nor there.
i love you.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
We're Gonna Live in the Trees
by Robyn Hitchcock

Guess what? I've spoken to Norm
We're gonna live in the trees
Dirty air will be transformed

I'll bring you fat juicy worms
I'll bring you millipedes
Open your beak and close your eyes

Norm tells me you're ready to fly
You're that much closer to the sky

You either take off or you don't
You can't fly by degrees
But fly an inch and you fly miles

Now thanks to Norm there's a nest up there
We're there in air and air to spare

Virginia Woolf had a troubled mind
She was never at ease
But you're my children; you'll be fine

Guess what? I've spoken to Norm
We're gonna live in the trees...

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess I should start pricing climbing gear if I want to do this. I doubt my gramma will go for a house 30ft in the air. :rolleyes:

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Just wait for the next hurricane season....

I am sure a doublewide will end up in the tree at some point, then you will have your tree house. ;)

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
paint said:
I guess I should start pricing climbing gear if I want to do this. I doubt my gramma will go for a house 30ft in the air. :rolleyes:
i love you twicet.

·
Non non normal
10,086 Posts
I saw an article on treehouses. It was really cool and one guy had an office in his treehouse.

I have a friend that has a two story garage with a huge white oak around 30 feet off the end. I am trying to talk him into building a tree house with a suspension bridge from the second floor of his garage. I believe there are books on treehouse design published.

·
Lets Go Hokies!!!
5,930 Posts
Hey BoJo, thats what I used to do for a living. You guys should go check out one of those comps sometime. The really good guys don't even look like they're touching the tree when they're moving around.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts