Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well there should be a picture of LenJ and Miss M riding up from the Tidal Basin on a nice warm October day.

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
Brr...........

I forgot about that one.

BTW, Bill says thanks for the pictures, he really liked them. He is renovating a house & He & I have had a hard time hooking up.

Thanks again for the great tour.

Len

·
Non non normal
10,098 Posts
Just start riding. You and Ms. M. would be in Florida in a few days and you could just toss away the cold gear the further you rode south. I am with you on the cold. 30 degrees is my limit and as you know I haven't been riding for a few weeks. My attitude is quickly deteriorating.

·
Registered
11 Posts
MB1, have you decided on a date yet

for the SS century in the spring? I know it's still several months away, but the boss is asking for vacation days, and I was thinking about bringing my wife and son up for a couple days of sightseeing, if I could work it out. If you don't have any dates yet, no problem, I'll keep watching the postings. Thanks.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Yeah, what he said. If possible, I'd like to avoid the 1st weekend in May-I'll probably be going to Tenn for the 3/3 .

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
re: 3/3

see you there. should be a sizeable mempho crew in chattahoochie for that weekend. we're spending the night saturday, too, so prepare for intoxication and severe sleep deprivation.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Don't come to my part of the woods then. We haven't had the bikes out side for a month now.

·
Tourist
989 Posts
Yo MB1, you're welcome in California, would be nice to ride with you two again like last year. I have accommodation, french food and bikes available :)

Pierre

MB1 said:
Well there should be a picture of LenJ and Miss M riding up from the Tidal Basin on a nice warm October day.

·
Tourist
989 Posts
damn, how did I happen to be watching an old thread ?? mus have been clicking on the wrong place...

Pierre

QUOTE=Pierre]Yo MB1, you're welcome in California, would be nice to ride with you two again like last year. I have accommodation, french food and bikes available :)

Pierre[/QUOTE]

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We will likely be out there in February

Pierre said:
Yo MB1, you're welcome in California, would be nice to ride with you two again like last year. I have accommodation, french food and bikes available :)

Pierre
Miss M want's to do the Butterfield Double Century. Those roads are my old stomping grounds so it should be fun.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Just got back from a midday ride....

and:

Current Conditions for Fort Lauderdale, FL (33301)
76°F
Mostly Cloudy
Feels Like 75°F
UV Index: 1 Low
Dew Point: 57°F
Humidity: 52%
Visibility: 10.0 miles
Pressure: 30.17 inches and steady
Wind: From the East at 12 mph

:cool:

·
Taking the high road.
141 Posts
Brrr

James30Florida said:
and:

Current Conditions for Fort Lauderdale, FL (33301)
76°F
Mostly Cloudy
Feels Like 75°F
UV Index: 1 Low
Dew Point: 57°F
Humidity: 52%
Visibility: 10.0 miles
Pressure: 30.17 inches and steady
Wind: From the East at 12 mph

:cool:

Wow, it must be time for the Floridians to put the doggies in sweaters with those <80 temps. : )

I am truly jealous and have an incredibly harsh disliking of cold. I love the heat and I was in Fl in August during Hurricane Charley. Very hot but but definitely doable for me. I am in N. KY. and it is still bearable here but wait for the temps to get <30 or so and it's to the trainer with me.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Northeast CT. weekend ride start out at about 30-40 degrees. This is starting to get COLD. Lst year braved a low temperature of about 12 degress but there was no wind :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts