Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
but has anyone ever posted an MP3 player and speakers on there bike for a long ride. Plan on doing the MS150 solo and was wandering if I would just get beaten if I could actually find a REALLY SMALL speaker that could plug into an IPOD shuffle and attach them to either the stem or bars. When I say small, talking about something about as small as a typical cyclocomputer...I know people have radio in big bags and water bottle cage radios, but I don't want to weigh things down or really put forth much effort.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No headphones allowed on the ride, which I totally agree with. People can't hear you say, "Passing on your left" and with the majority of the 12000 people doing the ride, you need to give them plenty of warning and you hope they hear you (plenty of 'swayers' and swervers)....HEY HEY HEY...JUST SAW MY LAST POST WAS MY 1000TH...GOD WHAT A LOSER I HAVE BECOME (AND YES, I DO THINK THOSE OF YOU WITH THOUSANDS OF POSTS ARE LOSERS...HAHAHAHA)

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
4000 posts... LOSER!!! Haha,,just kidding. I agree, but I don't mind riding by these people once in a while. Occasionally a good song is on and can motivate you to keep pushing at mile 168.4....

·
Frog Whisperer
40,924 Posts
a couple of years ago I saw a small back-pack with built in speakers....it was kinda cool.

OOOOOOOh look at that......I'm a bigger loser....almost 10 1/2 thousand posts! LOL

·
Fini les ecrase-"manets"!
9,416 Posts
There's some guy who rides around here with music on. He has a set of speakers that just fits in his back jersey pocket--about the size of an open bi-fold wallet. They're plenty loud enough to hear the music.

He's got great taste in jazz, so when we pass his group on a Sunday morning it's kind of nice.

Just search for MP3 or iPod portable speakers. There's probably a bunch of stuff out there.

ADDED: Be sure to play a lot of crappy 80s music, so the people who hear a tiny snippet of We Built This City or Walking on Sunshine can really enjoy the rest of their ride after they're out of earshot.

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts

·
I Am a Meat Popsicle
222 Posts

·
Bikespace member
4,445 Posts
i've been thinking of this for my AIDS ride in a couple of months. i was just thinking of letting the earpiece hang around my jersey collar and blast my iphone/ipod. i honestly don't how i'ld feel "sharing" my music, and some may not be "safe" to share. you know?

·
Adventure Seeker
5,115 Posts
If you average just over 15mph for day one, I could use a riding partner. Found out a bit of my coeorkers will be averaging about 20.
Maybe I could get you on the team so you'd get a tent with a real mattress and private bathroom.

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
I was mountain biking, a long way from civilization, when I heard an awful noise coming down the trail. It turned out to be some idiot who had strapped a boom box onto his handlebars and was blaring something awful. He seemed to think it was pretty cool. I just stood there and silently watched him go by. I was speechless. What do you say to something like that?

·
GIMME MY BIKE!
7,786 Posts
I'd just wear one in my right ear, like I always do. Ride to the right so traffic passes you on the left, no problems about hearing "on your left", etc. If you don't make a big deal of it, no one will even notice.

·
tofurkey hunting
4,733 Posts
i there are some good examples of solutions in fahrenheit 451

·
Diphthong
4,986 Posts
vonteity said:
I'd just wear one in my right ear, like I always do. Ride to the right so traffic passes you on the left, no problems about hearing "on your left", etc. If you don't make a big deal of it, no one will even notice.
What he said.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
what about earbuds near your ears, but not in them? i might want to throw a bottle at your head if i got some crappy song stuck in my head. hell, i had a violent femmes song stuck there for 4 hours without even hearing the actual song (thanks, von. btw, i ate pizza last night after thinking about it for a day and a half).

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.