40,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wish I had a tail.

A prehensile tail.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
all kinds of stuff...it'd be like having 3 hands without the inconvenience!

·
half-fast
7,389 Posts
I don't think I would like having a tail. Then everyone would be able to tell how I really felt.

Also, I think I would shut it in the car door, and that would not be cool.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't think I would like having a tail. Then everyone would be able to tell how I really felt.

good points

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
but I still wish I had a tail

·
Registered
14,713 Posts

You'd have to learn not to wag it in response to your moods. Most animals with tails are not as simple and dumb as dogs.

You'd use the tail to close the car door, while the hands were starting the car and tuning the radio. Multitasking.

But imagining how you'd sit in the car (or anywhere) with a tail leads me to suggest ToG is going after the wrong appendage. For nearly all the uses where a third hand would come in handy, wouldn't a prehensile nose be vastly more conveniently placed? Think what an elephant with hands could do.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You'd have to learn not to wag it in response to your moods. Most animals with tails are not as simple and dumb as dogs.

You'd use the tail to close the car door, while the hands were starting the car and tuning the radio. Multitasking.

But imagining how you'd sit in the car (or anywhere) with a tail leads me to suggest ToG is going after the wrong appendage. For nearly all the uses where a third hand would come in handy, wouldn't a prehensile nose be vastly more conveniently placed? Think what an elephant with hands could do.
my dog has no problem sitting. From the counter where I make my coffee (which requires both hands) I could reach behind me and get the 1/2 and 1/2 out of the fridge. I could save 4 or 5 minutes a year!

·
User is infamous around
2,738 Posts
Yeah, but think about how your pants would fit. I have a hard enough time getting a good pair of bibs at a decent price as is. Now add in tail-fit to the equation. What about the tail esthetics? Are we talking like monkey tail, short hair cat tail, long hair cat tail, horse tail, elephant tail, beaver tail, possum tail, or some other variant?

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
my dog has no problem sitting. From the counter where I make my coffee (which requires both hands) I could reach behind me and get the 1/2 and 1/2 out of the fridge. I could save 4 or 5 minutes a year!
Does your dog drive? Or sit in a chair with a back on it? Maybe he does, but usually when dogs "sit" they're also standing on their "hands". Not the versatility you're after, methinks.

I make espresso for me, and cappuccino for my wife. Sometimes a third hand would be useful. I don't have a huge kitchen, but opening the fridge while standing at the coffee machine would require about an 8-foot tail. Seems unwieldy.

I'm gonna see about getting the trunk transplant, though.

·
User is infamous around
2,738 Posts
The trunk nose might make you unusually popular in some circles. Might attract unwanted attention as well. If it becomes mainstream, I'm gonna buy Kleenex™ stock.

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
The trunk nose might make you unusually popular in some circles. Might attract unwanted attention as well. If it becomes mainstream, I'm gonna buy Kleenex™ stock.
I'm reminded of an old SNL skit in which Steve Martin played the "Elephant Man" with a sizable prosthetic flexible nose. Hitting on a woman at a party he said, "You know, they don't call me the Elephant Man because of my trunk, if you know what I mean."

·
Frog Whisperer
40,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, but think about how your pants would fit. I have a hard enough time getting a good pair of bibs at a decent price as is. Now add in tail-fit to the equation. What about the tail esthetics? Are we talking like monkey tail, short hair cat tail, long hair cat tail, horse tail, elephant tail, beaver tail, possum tail, or some other variant?
monkeyish.....

·
Registered
141 Posts
I wish I had a tail.

A prehensile tail.
I wish you had a tail, too. You've always sounded like an interesting guy, and if you actually had a tail I'd make the effort to travel to whatever god-forsaken place you're holed up in, just to meet you. Otherwise, probably not.

·
Doesn't like subtitles
3,808 Posts
Would get caught in the rear spokes. Ouch!

Of course I'd be happy on the bike and it would stick up in the air and wag, but then my pewper would get cold. Not to mention the aerodynamic issue.

·
Large blurry non-mythical
1,236 Posts
Yeah, I could go for some tail about now.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts