Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Roadbikereview Editor
Steelman Eurocross bike
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's called Team Hype. Only overrated cyclists need apply. This is the team for cyclists who are long on camera time and short on abilities.

Iban Mayo - Best climber in the world????????????? C'mon. He's a non-factor who never should have been in the spotlight. Who cares if he's Basque and has a nice orange Orbea. He's got no game.

Thomas Voelkler - Puleaaase. Get this camera hog away from me. What an opportunistic ham! This guy got 100 times more air time than he deserves. Next.

Who else dare join Team Hype?
Danielson? Vaughters - who continues to hype himself after a bs career??

·
Registered
175 Posts
The worst

Al Troutwig.

towerscum

·
Registered
175 Posts
innergel said:
Who's the young guy from Disco who just changed teams - Creed?
Stimpy,you fat,bloated eeediot! :p
Those two crack me up!

Ren

towerscum

·
Banned
608 Posts
francois said:
I nominate Rasmussen as their designated time trialist and also as their "go to" guy in a clutch.

·
Roadbikereview Editor
Steelman Eurocross bike
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Under ACrookedSky said:
I nominate Rasmussen as their designated time trialist and also as their "go to" guy in a clutch.
Now that's good!!!

·
Banned
608 Posts
I am not sure if he should be a rider, but the team does need a morale officer and David Miller is the obvious man for the job. When the chips are down, the weather turns to crap, maybe one of the riders has even been involved in a crash with a race vehicle, who else could be relied upon for a pep talk that will stiffen the riders' spines along with their lips, urging them to continue on through adversity and never, ever quit?

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
was it Santiago Botero or AItor Gonzales

or both the guys who were gonna be the 'next big thing?'

have to wait for the Giro but maybe we can sign Cunego as well

·
Registered
4,808 Posts
atpjunkie said:

roberto heras
floyd landis
tyler hamiliton

·
Roadbikereview Editor
Steelman Eurocross bike
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bas said:
roberto heras
floyd landis
tyler hamiliton
heras and hamilton for sure. Tested positive too.

Waaaaay off base on Landis though. Jeez.

fc

·
Roadbikereview Editor
Steelman Eurocross bike
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
atpjunkie said:

Satntiago Botero. Won one big time trial and was all of a sudden overly hyped!

Cunego. Don't be talking about my boy in this thread. In his place, I'll offer up Gilberto Spumoni and his TDF exploits.

fc

·
Registered
12,061 Posts
francois said:

Cunego. Don't be talking about my boy in this thread. In his place, I'll offer up Gilberto Spumoni and his TDF exploits.

fc
Yep, Botero hardly won anything.
http://trap-friis.dk/cykling/colombia.Botero.htm
And Simoni: I guess any moron with 2 legs can win the Giro twice. Glad to know the world still revolve around TdF.
I guess Armstrong was hyped as well since he never won a "real" classic?

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
Sylvain Chavanel, the next great French hope. He's been the next great French hope for a couple of years now, and even collected a few wins, but he doesn't scare anybody, except for maybe the French.

Of course he took over for the last great French hope, Christophe Moreau.

·
Registered
12,061 Posts
mohair_chair said:
Sylvain Chavanel, the next great French hope. He's been the next great French hope for a couple of years now, and even collected a few wins, but he doesn't scare anybody, except for maybe the French.

moreau fine, he could not even shine in the hey days of festina.
Chavanel is 26, give him a chance.

·
aka Zonic Man
593 Posts
francois said:
It's called Team Hype. Only overrated cyclists need apply. This is the team for cyclists who are long on camera time and short on abilities.

Iban Mayo - Best climber in the world????????????? C'mon. He's a non-factor who never should have been in the spotlight. Who cares if he's Basque and has a nice orange Orbea. He's got no game.

Thomas Voelkler - Puleaaase. Get this camera hog away from me. What an opportunistic ham! This guy got 100 times more air time than he deserves. Next.

francois said:

fc

Francis, you're a good guy, but you know nothing about pro cycling.

·
Roadbikereview Editor
Steelman Eurocross bike
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
mohair_chair said:

We can offer up anyone who's french that shows great promise. They seem so hungry for a TDF contender that the hype machine revs up a lot!

fc

·
Roadbikereview Editor
Steelman Eurocross bike
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
den bakker said:
Yep, Botero hardly won anything.
http://trap-friis.dk/cykling/colombia.Botero.htm
And Simoni: I guess any moron with 2 legs can win the Giro twice. Glad to know the world still revolve around TdF.
I guess Armstrong was hyped as well since he never won a "real" classic?

Botero... pfffft. What the heck is that list you're showing off.. Wow, a few top tens some races the past three years.

I think he had a great 2002 at Kelme and then they hype got going. Since then, he forgot to show up.

fc

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
francois said:

Cheap-a$$ hindsight gloating, lame thread. If they don't deserve the attention, why devote a thead to them? The best that can come from it is a little flame war. Rather dissapointing coming from you.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts