Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
TheRooster said:
Book it. Remember, you heard it here first.
Of course he will. And Marco Pantani will win the Giro.

·
Cat 6
4,695 Posts
TheRooster said:
We had this discussion last year around here...I agree with you. Heras will be second, Armstrong third...

Oh wait...nevermind. :D

·
Self-Banned
16,905 Posts
TheRooster said:

I'm generally not a betting man but I'd be interested in a piece of that action... How much do you want to bet?

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
Sorry...

Basso is going to rule supreme at the Tour this year. It's going to be a 3 way battle I think between Basso, Ullrich, and Vino (who is going to attack, attack, and attack again). Mayo, he might be up there, but he does not have the team to control the race the way that it needs to be controlled. Mayo has an outside chance, like say, if Basso and Ullrich fall off of a cliff somewhere. Mayo doesn't TT too well, good enough, but not great. Basso and Ullrich are both heads and shoulders above Mayo on the TT bike. Then again, maybe he'll just break down and cry and quit again like he did last year. It's always possible.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
The 2006 tour isn't a climbers tour. Its a TT tour. Ullrich will win fairly convincingly. Basso second, Vino third. Has Mayo even completed a race since they started cracking down on blood transfusions? remember the chronology: before the 2004 tour, Lance sends letter to UCI alerting them that certain competitors may be using blood transfusions. Suddenly, Mayo disintegrates. maybe its a coincidence.

·
Registered
178 Posts
TheRooster said:
Wahh ha ha ha ha.... Waaaaha ha ha haaaa...

Good one Rooster, good one !

Just cracked a rib laughing :D

·
Moderatus Puisne
15,882 Posts
Waitasecond, you've only got 19 posts ... but someone said the same thing, in the same phrase almost, last year. Hah. good one!

·
Moderatus Puisne
15,882 Posts
Waitasecond, you've only got 19 posts ... but someone said the same thing, in the same phrase almost, last year. Hah. good one!

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
Fignon's Barber said:
Lance sends letter to UCI alerting them that certain competitors may be using blood transfusions.
What an utterly despicable hypocrit, anything to win the TdF, eh?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts