Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finished today: my (our) Ibis Touche tandem. I bought the frame in new condition and built it up myself. It has Campy Velocity brakes and gears, White Industries hubs, King headset, Truvativ tandem cranks, Profile bars, Thomson posts, Velocity rims, Conti tyres and Wheelsmith spokes.

·
Coco Puff
2,119 Posts
Wow, what a beauty. Let us know how she rides after a you have a few miles on her.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just back from a 30 mile trip. It was great: the bike is very stiff and responsive. The brakes and gears work flawless. Luckily my wife enjoyed it too :)
Tomorrow we'll go for a second trip. Thanks for your compliments! :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@Eddywanabe: please don't rub in the pedals.... I know! :) I am used to clipless, but my wife isn't. Besides we want to be able to use the bike in regular clothing too. Unfortunately I had to mount ShimaNO pedals for this purpose. I'd rather had frogs or keos too but this seemed to be the most logical choice.

·
Great White North
1,139 Posts
classic, very nice bike.

The v-brakes look out of place, but you gotta stop. Really like the matching stem.

Beauty.

Plum

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
@latman: the stoker and the captain both have room for four bottles, but that's a bit OTT. I do have a pump, but not matching color unfortunately. I need to have the paint copied somewhere, because I do not know the color code.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.