Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Seat's not level
19,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I ride the group rides out of an LBS. I ride Mondays and my wife Thrursdays. We hear stories about each group but finally had a chance to meet the others on Tuesday when the LBS put together an Ice Cream ride for everyone.

Leaving the shop..

Cruising the neighborhood

Out by the lake.

A regular on the rides that went down last week. 3rd degree shoulder separation.:(

Ice Cream !

Team Goatee

Required shadow shot

Good times were had by all. It was nice to meet the spouses and kids of the folks we ride with every week. Cool idea for the shop to put together a family ride. I think the kids will be the driving force behind the next one.:thumbsup: They had a great time.

· Just Riding Along
1,024 Posts
Great Report! All the required photo elements. The flag on the front fender sets a new standard that will be hard to beat! I'm not so sure about the blue ice cream though....

How far from the LBS to the ICS? How did the little ones do on the way home?

· Seat's not level
19,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
KeeponTrekkin said:
Great Report! All the required photo elements. The flag on the front fender sets a new standard that will be hard to beat! I'm not so sure about the blue ice cream though....

How far from the LBS to the ICS? How did the little ones do on the way home?
It was 2 miles from the shop to the Ice Cream. All the kids did great. The one on the little orange bike was pretty tired. He needs a bigger bike, but his dad is the shop wrench so I'm sure that will happen soon.

The flags on the bike were from the 4th of July bike parade. The one on my bike has been there for the last couple years. :thumbsup:

I <3 America

· Seat's not level
19,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
clanlee said:
That's awesome! Waiting for my kids to get older to start riding with them.
We started ours at 6 months in the Burley (strapped in her carseat and the carseat strapped in the burley) She got her first bike at 9 months from Santa and I pushed her around the house for months. Now she is 6 and she has gone on rides over 7 miles with a smile on her face the whole time.
It's never too soon.:thumbsup:

· Bacon!
9,193 Posts
Pretty disorganized pace line there :)!!

I love the blue tongue shot. It got me laughing.

· Seat's not level
19,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
MB1 said:
Should we put a call in for Mr. Grumpy to straighten them out? :eek:
Maybe we should do a family/team TT to the Ice cream store next time. That would be good. :thumbsup: Not quite sure what to do with the kids in the buggy though. Tough for them to take a pull. :rolleyes: :p

It was a good ride. Hopefully we can get one together every month in the summer.

· Registered
8 Posts
I haven't pushed too hard on getting my kids to ride yet (six year old, four year old and 1.5). I did get them a kettler balance bike so they can learn balance. The older two can ride it fairly well. I'm thinking of a trail-a-bike next to take my six year old out.

Here's the balance bike. I think it's a great tool to get little ones learning about balance. No pedals to get in the way, the kids just kick off with their feet and glide along.

· Seat's not level
19,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
clanlee said:
I haven't pushed too hard on getting my kids to ride yet (six year old, four year old and 1.5). I did get them a kettler balance bike so they can learn balance. The older two can ride it fairly well. I'm thinking of a trail-a-bike next to take my six year old out.

Here's the balance bike. I think it's a great tool to get little ones learning about balance. No pedals to get in the way, the kids just kick off with their feet and glide along.
Yea those are cool. I didn't know about them back when our daugher was learning. Here is a pic from a kids race at a crit a few weeks ago. The girl definitely had her scoot on :p

· Seat's not level
19,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
clanlee said:
I just noticed the bike computer on her bike! That is great! Does she know what it's for and does she use it? I think I'm going to do that as well for my kids!
She uses it more for the odometer. 93 Miles so far this summer. Considering she got the bike in March, she's been doing good. She has managed to get the bike up to 17.4 mph which is smoking for a 20 inch bike.

There is a charity ride for a hospital in a few weeks. She is planning on besting her long distance ride of 7 miles with a ride of 10. :thumbsup:

· Carbon Fiber = Explode!
3,955 Posts
Kids are so strong riding those tanks around...

· Seat's not level
19,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
jd3 said:
Looks like good fun. I don't know how well a paceline would work. Kids don't make much draft.
yea, they aren't very good for hiding behind, but my daughter will definitely suck a wheel to try and get out of the wind. I have to keep an eye that she doesn't follow too close.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.