Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for my wedding we're going with a v.small cycling theme and naming the tables after iconic TdF climbs - so I want to get a list of 'the' climbs and this is the list of got so far (aiming for about 20 names as it's going to be a big wedding!):

1 L’Alpe d’Huez
2 Col du Glandon
3 Col du Télégraphe
4 Col du Galibier
5 Col d’Izoard
6 Col de Vars
7 Mont Ventoux
8 Plateau-De-Beille
9 Hautacam
10 Ballon d'Alsace
11 Col d’Aubisque
12 Col d’Aspin
13 Col de Colombière
14 Col de la Croix de Fer
15 Col de la Madeleine
16 Col du Portillion
17 Col du Tourmalet
18 Col des Aravis
19 Col de Perty
20 Col de Portet d'Aspet
21 Col de Port
22 Col du Peyresourde
have I missed any that should be on there? or have i included some that shouldn't be there? any advice would be appreciated!

·
I heart team Zissou!
2,954 Posts
Take out Col du Perty, it doesn't belong on that list. You can add the Cormet de Roseland, Cime de la Bonette, Col du Petit St. Bernard and all the other ski-station finishes: Luz-Ardiden, les Arcs, Courchevel, Super Bagneres. Don't forget thec Puy de Dome for one of the most epic tdf stages!

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
Which climb will get the honor of its being the table of the bride and groom? I probably would pick Mont Ventoux because it sits alone -- it is not really in the Alps and it is not in the Pyrenees either. Although something like the Ballon d'Alsace or the Puy de Dome also would qualify as not being from one of the two great mountain ranges of France. Now, if it were my wedding, the groom's side definitely would be the Pyrenees.

When I think of weddings (and cycling, too), I think of food and drink. You should honor the legendary climbs of the Tour de France by your having a menu and drink selection representative of the regions through which the Tour travels.

·
Registered
663 Posts
kona kid said:
for my wedding we're going with a v.small cycling theme and naming the tables after iconic TdF climbs - so I want to get a list of 'the' climbs and this is the list of got so far (aiming for about 20 names as it's going to be a big wedding!):

1 L’Alpe d’Huez
2 Col du Glandon
3 Col du Télégraphe
4 Col du Galibier
5 Col d’Izoard
6 Col de Vars
7 Mont Ventoux
8 Plateau-De-Beille
9 Hautacam
10 Ballon d'Alsace
11 Col d’Aubisque
12 Col d’Aspin
13 Col de Colombière
14 Col de la Croix de Fer
15 Col de la Madeleine
16 Col du Portillion
17 Col du Tourmalet
18 Col des Aravis
19 Col de Perty
20 Col de Portet d'Aspet
21 Col de Port
22 Col du Peyresourde
have I missed any that should be on there? or have i included some that shouldn't be there? any advice would be appreciated!
How about Morzine? + 1 for the Puy de Dome and Super Bagneres.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.