Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
I think you'd have to be really fast to be able to pull off riding that bike. Slow dudes, like me, need not apply.

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
for me, the probability

of being in the pit weeping that my multi thousand dollar frameset cracked or broke is just too high. I'm just too damn poor to have a race bike, a cx bike, let alone a cx race bike that nice. It is lovely though.Strange that a CF guy likeCrumpton would put an Al post on the bike, very telling

·
Number 2 on the course.
4,405 Posts
A local lost a frame last season when he was involved in a crash and someone else stepped on the TT and broke it. Fortunately (things being relative) he is sponsored.

Imagine if someone crunched your $5000 frame in a simple tangle-up on the course. :cryin:

·
Not Banned
49,013 Posts
too much crazy stuff

PeanutButterBreath said:
A local lost a frame last season when he was involved in a crash and someone else stepped on the TT and broke it. Fortunately (things being relative) he is sponsored.

Imagine if someone crunched your $5000 frame in a simple tangle-up on the course. :cryin:

like that happens at races

I just don't have that kind of conspicuous consumption $$$$s

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Yea. I saw a Specialized CF bike (road) have it's TT smashed like an egg shell in a crash in a crit 2 yrs ago. Made me sick. Can't imagine what it would be like to see that if it was a custom CF frame....

·
Administrator
13,006 Posts
True but to have a nice bike like that and not race it is even worse.

Race bikes are for racing- better to have one lost on the field of honor then parked under some fat dentist doing 15MPH rides.

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
True dat.

·
Registered
840 Posts
atpjunkie said:
of being in the pit weeping that my multi thousand dollar frameset cracked or broke is just too high. I'm just too damn poor to have a race bike, a cx bike, let alone a cx race bike that nice. It is lovely though.Strange that a CF guy likeCrumpton would put an Al post on the bike, very telling
Mr. Crumpton is a smart fella :thumbsup:

·
Registered
960 Posts
Saw that bike this weekend... took a couple pics myself. Very hot, as was the new Parlee CX bikes. I just got back in town about an hour ago, hopefully I can put some pics up from the show.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts