Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
fifth time's a charm
1,805 Posts
just messing with you-

ExPhys said:
2002. Thanks.
The 404 clincher is a 505 rim. The new ones go for about 690. The hurdle for getting top dollar for your rim is, it is not dimpled. Whether the dimpling makes any difference or not to the average rider, it does date the wheel(dimples began in 03). I have recently purchased a set of 08 404 clinchers off Ebay. I spent several weeks learning the average sales prices and which wheels move the fastest. It seem the dimple/non dimpled issue was a common culling point.

All that said I would say around 200 to maybe 275. If you have much experience on Ebay you'll know how fickle the market can be. I have sold a Thomson seatpost for more than I paid for it and barely got peanuts for a new XTR derailleur.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got two rims, for less than $250 each. They have never seen a spoke or a tire, so are basically brand new. This is about $200 less than two new flashpoint rims. I wanted to get some feedback to make sure I did not regret an ebay purchase. Thanks for your comments.

·
fifth time's a charm
1,805 Posts
ExPhys said:
I got two rims, for less than $250 each. They have never seen a spoke or a tire, so are basically brand new. This is about $200 less than two new flashpoint rims. I wanted to get some feedback to make sure I did not regret an ebay purchase. Thanks for your comments.
Score!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.