Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the ideal position for installation of shifter on the bars? I have done a search and have not found a good article on how to position shifters on bars. In particular, I am looking for installing SRAM Red shifters. Right now, when I am on the hoods and want to get into a more aggressive position while staying on the hoods and dropping upper body and 'resting' forearms on bars, I am not getting any support under the forearms. Should I move shifter higher up on bars? Right now, with the bars rotated so the bottoms are parallel with the ground, the top of the hoods are about even with the top of the bars. Thanks!

· Registered
681 Posts
Handlebar reach

Your bars may not have enough reach, i have some bontrager bars which have a really nice long reach and allow you to rest your forearms on the section before the hoods and use the shimano "bulb" as a bullhorn type extension.

· Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My bars are some cheap EA30 bars with only 78mm reach....and since I am trying to get a little more stretched out, I guess some bars with 85-90mm reach would probably help.

· Registered
681 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.