Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, i have just bought this bike and i would like to know what model is it, i am searching about the models of Colnago but i can`t find it.

Their components are;
-Ofmega by Mistral
-Brakes Universal
-3TTT mod competizione made in Italy
-Rings Ambrosio Elite 19

Thanks for the colaboration.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I'm not sure on the originality of the paint but those Ofmega , Universal and other parts like Gipiemme were cheaper options than Campagnolo nuovo record and Super record , good luck with your flipping Nacho91

·
Hucken The Fard Up !
3,983 Posts
The paint looks original to me...

A super frame in excellent condition could fetch 400-700 EUR a full bike with a quality build (campagnolo super record) some 1000-1500 EUR

But in the moment it seems to be a buyer's market, your bike is a small size, has a low cost build and one of the less desirable paint jobs (retinatto) so I guess you have to aim low for the sale

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
I thought repaint because the frame is from the 70s, retinato didn't come out until the 80s. It could have been repainted by Colnago.

Someone has picked it up used and assembled it into a bike. It's a good rider but not a collector's item.

·
Boobies!
8,173 Posts
I'm going to go with a mid to late 80s second tier frame like a Super Sprint or International with the Retinato paint job Not sure why Cinelli82220 thinks '70s?

If you look at the catalog on Bulgier.net dated 1988--you see a couple of frames with a similar paint job (closest is the Superissimo) that still show the trademark two external cable guides on the TT and (I think) single water bottle braze ons, but with the rear mech guide below the rear stay. A shot of the BB would be nice--they switched to a second gen BB shell in the early 80s.

It could be a Superissimo--but I'm thinking the components (2d tier) point to a slightly lower frame--the complete Superissimo FWIW in the Bulgier catalog has better components.

Still, though--it has a great look--love the seatpost, and I'm sure it will be a nice riding bike

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
The fork crown with the cutout in the back is from the 70s.
The Super Sprint in the catalog has different later style fork crown.All the bikes in the 88 catalog use a crown that is much more sloped and has a different logo. The Super Sprint and Superissimo also lack the scalloped head tube lugs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Super Sprint in the catalog has different later style fork crown.All the bikes in the 88 catalog use a crown that is much more sloped and has a different logo. The Super Sprint and Superissimo also lack the scalloped head tube lugs.
Uff too dificult identify the model, i search but this bike its impossible find exactly, i dont know, a lot of thanks for the help.. The components are bad then?...

·
Boobies!
8,173 Posts
With you on the fork--serves me right for doing this early in the morning, "Scalloped" meaning the Colnago cutout?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.