·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Yeah, right.

Bocephus Jones II said:
I feel sorry for the guy. He's not having much luck these days. Rather than dump on him, why not hope for the best from him.?
Feel sorry for him? Are you kidding me? His whole "hold mah' beer 'n watch this" attitude. Idiot fool.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
filly said:
Feel sorry for him? Are you kidding me? His whole "hold mah' beer 'n watch this" attitude. Idiot fool.
I haven't been watching much Olympics or following this whole Bode bashing thing, but I just can't work up much venom for it.

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
filly said:
His whole "hold mah' beer 'n watch this" attitude.

Generally, that's usually a trait I look for in friends.

joe

·
Genitive Declensioner
12,146 Posts

·
Sticky Valentine
28,404 Posts
filly said:

I'm still in college, as a grad student.

And I'm not in on what the nmnmnmnm thing means.

joe

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Based on the title of this thread alone, I refuse to say anything at all. I already caused enough problems.

·
Soon to be banned
14,475 Posts
Bocephus Jones II said:
I feel sorry for the guy. He's not having much luck these days. Rather than dump on him, why not hope for the best from him.?

I think people genuinely wanted Bode to succeed but now feel let down. He set himself up as a target by his comments in the 60 Min. interview. Bode made his bed... The only thing that can save him is Olympic gold.

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes indeed...

mountaineer said:
Not that I'm trying to start a flame war, but isn't this the guy you have been defending for the last 2 weeks? The greatest US skiier in history? Why the change in attitude?
Indeed it is, but I can't defend his playing of basketball and hurting his ankle. That was silly. He is still the greatest skier in US history, look at the record, there is no doubting that. I will defend his talent and his ability, but his poor judgement, in hurting his ankle playing hoops is just silly.

That being said, most of the time the boots are so tight when you're racing, a little ankle sprain isn't going to hurt your performance, it is pretty much imobilized in the tight boots.

·
Soon to be banned
14,475 Posts
magnolialover said:
Indeed it is, but I can't defend his playing of basketball and hurting his ankle. That was silly. He is still the greatest skier in US history, look at the record, there is no doubting that. I will defend his talent and his ability, but his poor judgement, in hurting his ankle playing hoops is just silly.

That being said, most of the time the boots are so tight when you're racing, a little ankle sprain isn't going to hurt your performance, it is pretty much imobilized in the tight boots.
Yeah, I wasn't too concerned when I heard this. A slight ankle sprain in ski boots is hardly even noticable.

Hell, I don't even fault him for playin' hoops. He needs to find a way to break the tension. The guy can't fart the wrong way without the media turning it into something. But whose fault is that?

·
goodbye fraudriguez
371 Posts
Top 10 Bode Miller excuses

10. Janet Gretzky told him to take a dive or she breaks his thumbs.

9. If the Olympics weren't stupid and his competitors weren't all poopy-pants, he would've tried harder.

8. Dick Button kept flashing him.

7. He didn't lose; he demonstrated his solidarity with the Kansas City Royals.

6. Decision to go with apple-tinis instead of Beast Light made him forget to "aim for the slope in the middle."

5. Bob Costas told him it was opposite day.

4. Better chance of being portrayed by Johnny Depp if he's a tragic figure.

3. Fell prey to the "Curse of the Flying Tomato."

2. Caught any number of debilitating infections from Alberto Tomba's hot tub.

1. Failing to live up to expectations is the new black.

This is from FOX Sports. :D

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
JoeDaddio said:
I'm still in college, as a grad student.

And I'm not in on what the nmnmnmnm thing means.

joe
it means "no message in the body of the post" nm=no message

btw i seek the same. and fwiw i didn't follow the link, i'm about sick of the olympic talk.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts