Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would start on Monday morning with both Schleck brothers in a wind tunnel working to get those boys stronger in the TT. If those two (especially Frank), could develop some TT form they would be unbeatable. CSC had the media thinking during the days in the alps about whether Frank or Carlos was the leader, but after seeing Frank's performance today I am sure they knew all along who their only hope for GC was.

My guess is that next year they develop into decent TT'ers and we will have some great GC battles.

On a side note- Bring back the team time trial, and the prologue. I did miss the time bonuses, but if we are going to have to live with people getting thrown out for doping then I guess there is no fair way have them.

·
Fast No More.
770 Posts
I would be scouring all the Luxembourg junior programs for a whole team fulla schlex. Between them and Kirchen, they've gotta have the most hammers per capita of any country out there.

·
Bea Arthur's Army of Evil
236 Posts
atpjunkie said:
to Hilly Classics and as a stagiare

Andy will own the peloton in about 2-3 years
+1. Frank always said Andy had the bigger engine. And when riding for himself, Andy can hold his own in the TT (See Giro 2007). He just needs a little more time to develop.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Andy Schleck and Alberto Contador are going to be the new GC rivalry at the TdF the next several years. And watching Saxo Bank and Astana go out at it in future editions will be cool too.

·
Lemur-ing
19,208 Posts
fornaca68 said:
Andy Schleck and Alberto Contador are going to be the new GC rivalry at the TdF the next several years. And watching Saxo Bank and Astana go out at it in future editions will be cool too.
+1

Very cool to watch for sure as both can keep on attacking. AC has the edge now but Andy will get better too so.... :cool:

·
Registered
429 Posts
I forget which year it was, maybe 1995, when in the first time trial, Lance Armstrong was caught by Indurain 16km into it. He expressed his disbelief that anyone could ride that fast. Just to say that that improvement is possible.

-ilan

P.S. You'd also be fat and bald and doped up.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Contador, Andy Schleck, Mick Rogers, Kreuzinger, Cunego, Gesink, Menchov, Efemkin, Basso, Nibali, Basso, DiLuca, DeGregorio, Valverde, Kirchen, Vandevelde, Bruseghin

it can be all of the above contending in the future. It should be good if they all arrived at the same GT, at the same time to duke it out

·
Cpark
2,106 Posts
jhamlin38 said:
Contador, Andy Schleck, Mick Rogers, Kreuzinger, Cunego, Gesink, Menchov, Efemkin, Basso, Nibali, Basso, DiLuca, DeGregorio, Valverde, Kirchen, Vandevelde, Bruseghin

it can be all of the above contending in the future. It should be good if they all arrived at the same GT, at the same time to duke it out
A lot of them might be duking out in this year's Vuelta....I'm looking forward to it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.