Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What type of bike would you buy? I am really wondering because I am shopping for a new bike. I have a Giant now, but was thinking of a Specialized. Is there one brand that stands out far above the others? Are you brand loyal? I am looking for a high end bike but everyone seems to tell me to go with a different brand. Is a matter of opinion?

·
Registered
540 Posts
If you had an unlimited amount to spend...then you would have a completely custom bike...no dura ace...all custom...but almost no one has unlimited money...so the shorter answer is its preferance.

·
Registered
635 Posts
if it was me (my preferences)

cyfac with all the goodies and some sick wheels....but then id feel like a tool whenever i got passed by someone in a race, and could no longer feel like i currently do when i pass someone on a $5k bike while im on my sub $1500 bike.

·
Cannot bench own weight
4,267 Posts
Money no object...so I'll assume common sense is no object either :D

I'd go with a Time (whatever the top model is) with '07 Record and some Lightweight wheels.

·
"Cypress Gardens" Fl.
685 Posts
Einstruzende said:
I'd go with a Time (whatever the top model is) with '07 Record and some Lightweight wheels.

yeah, yeah.......thats it. 'Time'....I want one of those time bikes!.......:thumbsup:

with full Campy Record, of course!........you know, the black and red ones,.........that be nice!!

:D :D

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,981 Posts
A brand new DeRosa Neo Primato with all '07 Campy Record & Bora wheels. My 2nd choice would be a new Mondonico equipped the same way.

·
Registered
540 Posts
On second thought...if money was no issue...i'd buy TIME...then have them make only MY bikes....Muahahahaha...*evil grin*

·
Registered
103 Posts
Indy Fab XS

cyclegirl said:
What type of bike would you buy? I am really wondering because I am shopping for a new bike. I have a Giant now, but was thinking of a Specialized. Is there one brand that stands out far above the others? Are you brand loyal? I am looking for a high end bike but everyone seems to tell me to go with a different brand. Is a matter of opinion?
A bunch of great stuff out there, but if money were no object, I would go with an Indy Fab XS.

https://www.ifbikes.com/frames2/xs.shtml

·
"Cypress Gardens" Fl.
685 Posts
On second thought...........

maybe I should show some brand loyalty or something!........you know,....my Tommasini has been good to me, and it is pretty,.....soooo.......

If money was no object

I will personally fly over to Grosseto, Italy, by Lear or Gulfstream charter jet and have a full custom Tommasini 'Techno' lugged steel beauty built to my specs, with full Campy Record, Brooks 'Swift' saddle, and the coolest paint job that can be had. Of course with me will be some RBR members, and after our bikes are built, we will tour Italy for a month.

spare no expense

wine
women
song
and revelry.........for a whole month :D

·
Cross Bike Collector.....
1,144 Posts
CycleGirl

this is too easy, here SHE is: exactly as shown except I'd change to speedplay ti pedals, and 39/53 rings on the crank. Otherwise exactly as shown, I love my Moots so much I went out and bought another one today. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
Phat&SlowVelo said:
this is too easy, here SHE is: exactly as shown except I'd change to speedplay ti pedals, and 39/53 rings on the crank. Otherwise exactly as shown, I love my Moots so much I went out and bought another one today. :thumbsup:
Odd that you should post that bike, 'cuz if I had unlimited funds, I'd buy the bike I currently have.....which save for the forks, stem, cranks, the SL after Compact, and a couple o' other bits, is the bike you posted. I don't lust after any other bike, right now.....just the one I ride everyday.

So, with the money saved from not having to spend unlimited funds on a dream bike, I'd, instead, use the money to adopt a really hot 17 y.o. Jamaican girl.

·
Registered
648 Posts
With an unlimited budget I'd also build an uphill bike - Cervelo R3 frame, Campag Record, with Lightweight Ventoux wheels, Zero Gravity brakes, SRM Professional compact crankset and lots of excessively expensive bling bits.

Indicative build on competitive cyclist comes in at $14,000 and 5.748kg

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.