FSA SLK Cross cranks 36/46
Eggbeater Ti pedals.
Mavice Ksyrium SSC wheels with Vittoria cross tires
Unfortunately the bike is better than I am........ :D

·
Registered
520 Posts
How's that Carbon seatpost?

So how has that carbon seatpost held up? I have the same one on the road bike and it seems to slip on the seat rails a bit. Are you concerning about it breaking from a missed remount or crash? I ask these questions only for I am considering one myself for cross.

·
Banned
3,305 Posts
Beautiful bike!

Now go take it out in the mud!

·
Registered
635 Posts
g-Bike said:
So how has that carbon seatpost held up? I have the same one on the road bike and it seems to slip on the seat rails a bit. Are you concerning about it breaking from a missed remount or crash? I ask these questions only for I am considering one myself for cross.
I had that same post on my cross bike two or three years ago, slipped all the time. I moved it to my mtb with the same results. Now its on the "fair weather only" road bike (Bianchi XL Boron steel). It hasnt slipped for months. Well, come to think of it, that bike has been hanging in the garage since Sept. :). I'm actually going to get it out today for a short spin with the family. I'm sure you've already seen the carbon post thread on here recently, a lot of good insight from several people. I'd personally avoid it for cross racing. I do have a teammate, however, who uses one with no problems at all & he's around 175-180 but with very good form (re-mounting).

DP

·
Registered
21 Posts
Gorgeous bike

Gorgeous bike. Makes me sick that I'm selling mine (got it from a friend a couple years ago and am finally coming around to acknowledging that it is actually too small for me. sad sad sad). Enjoy that bike. nothing beats the ride.

·
Cross Bike Collector.....
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the same post on my road bikes

g-Bike said:
and I've never had a problem with it slipping, as far as it breaking in a crash, I'll just have to replace it. I was trying to save weight werever I could, as she sits she's 19.5lbs.

·
50ft. Queenie
1,154 Posts
Phat&SlowVelo said:
and I've never had a problem with it slipping, as far as it breaking in a crash, I'll just have to replace it. I was trying to save weight werever I could, as she sits she's 19.5lbs.
NOT that 19.5# is heavy, but i would have thought it would have been alot lighter, given your buildup. seems like a small frame as well.

very nice bike. love the color. very jealous.

:)
enjoy it.

·
Cross Bike Collector.....
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Me too

argylesocks said:
NOT that 19.5# is heavy, but i would have thought it would have been alot lighter, given your buildup. seems like a small frame as well.

very nice bike. love the color. very jealous.

:)
enjoy it.
I thought it would be lighter as well, my Strong Crosser ways in at a pound less, with mostly Ultegra drivetrain. The frame weighed 4lbs, and yes it's small. 19.5lbs is heavy given the build, I guess the only weigh I can drop weight is a nice set of carbon tubulars,
problem is, I'd feel like a chump with a wheelset like that when I'm not a good racer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts