Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Cross Bike Collector.....
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, this should be posted in the cross forum, but some of my fellow roadies have expressed interest in the IF and wanted pics when she was done.
Custom IF Crosser, 853 pro front triangle, with a True Temper S3 rear.
Wound Up Cross Fork
Chris King nothreadset (in green)
9 speed Dura Ace drivetrain
FSA SLK Cross Cranks 36/46
Ritchey 4 axis stem and Pro bar
Easton EC 90 post and SLR saddle
Mavic SSC wheelset with Vittoria EVO Cross tires
Paul Neo Retro Brakes
Egg Beater Ti pedals
Sorry, my crappy camera just doesn't do this thing justice. to much money spent on bikes to afford a decent camera! Now if I could just hang out at TerryB's in New Mexico or Alien's in Arizona, think of all the exploring I could do.................

·
Registered
530 Posts
hope you're fast.

That's not a bike for a barrier-stumbler, that's for sure. Like the green headset. Do you mind recapping your buying experience with IF?

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Awesome build

Ditto on the green CK. From what I see locally, I almost forgot they made colors other than black and silver.

·
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that's the reason for the post...

fastfullback said:
That's not a bike for a barrier-stumbler, that's for sure. Like the green headset. Do you mind recapping your buying experience with IF?
on the roadie forum, Lots of members wanted to know the IF experiance, excellent. They delivered on the exact day they said they would, whole thing was a positive. I'd buy another IF anyday.

·
Registered
289 Posts
That's beautiful Phat. I'd also like to see it with different color tires, see what that does for the look. Love the headset touch. I used to have a Planet X but sadly let it go in a moment of weakness. BTW, does Terry B own a shop? Just wondering from the comment above about New Mexico.

You have good taste my friend!

varoadie

·
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes Terry has a shop

varoadie said:
That's beautiful Phat. I'd also like to see it with different color tires, see what that does for the look. Love the headset touch. I used to have a Planet X but sadly let it go in a moment of weakness. BTW, does Terry B own a shop? Just wondering from the comment above about New Mexico.

You have good taste my friend!

varoadie
It's called his barn, and it's choked full of beautiful bikes, and since he builds them all himself I'm guessing he's well stocked in tools. I just need a few bails of hay to sleep on and I can go exploring.....

·
Registered
168 Posts
Phat&SlowVelo said:
I know, this should be posted in the cross forum, but some of my fellow roadies have expressed interest in the IF and wanted pics when she was done.
Custom IF Crosser, 853 pro front triangle, with a True Temper S3 rear.
Wound Up Cross Fork
Chris King nothreadset (in green)
9 speed Dura Ace drivetrain
FSA SLK Cross Cranks 36/46
Ritchey 4 axis stem and Pro bar
Easton EC 90 post and SLR saddle
Mavic SSC wheelset with Vittoria EVO Cross tires
Paul Neo Retro Brakes
Egg Beater Ti pedals
Sorry, my crappy camera just doesn't do this thing justice. to much money spent on bikes to afford a decent camera! Now if I could just hang out at TerryB's in New Mexico or Alien's in Arizona, think of all the exploring I could do.................

Looks like you spent too much money on bikes to afford a decent couch too. :D Don't worry, I understand your priorities. I share them. I'd prolly sell a kidney to get a Vanilla cross bike with S3 tubing.

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
Beautiful bike, man. I like the colors......the green CK headset is a nice touch. Really nice. Normally I don't dig Wound Up forks, but that one looks good on yer bike. You'll have to let us know how it performs.

At our place we don't have haybales, but we do have a fouton. The fouton is there to disuade inlaws from staying too long. Personally, methinks the floor is more comfortable than the damned fouton.

Alas, sad new on my part: the Zero Gravity cranks are further delayed. They won't be touching the sweaty palms of customers' hands until at least mid to late April. So I asked the LBS to order me up a set of Claviculas in the compact flavor. Sure they won't be here until the end of April, too, but they are a known, lust worthy quantity, whereas teh Zero G's are a big unknown. Hell, the testers haven't even got their Zero G cranks, yet.

·
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
crap Alien those are nice!

alienator said:
Beautiful bike, man. I like the colors......the green CK headset is a nice touch. Really nice. Normally I don't dig Wound Up forks, but that one looks good on yer bike. You'll have to let us know how it performs.

At our place we don't have haybales, but we do have a fouton. The fouton is there to disuade inlaws from staying too long. Personally, methinks the floor is more comfortable than the damned fouton.

Alas, sad new on my part: the Zero Gravity cranks are further delayed. They won't be touching the sweaty palms of customers' hands until at least mid to late April. So I asked the LBS to order me up a set of Claviculas in the compact flavor. Sure they won't be here until the end of April, too, but they are a known, lust worthy quantity, whereas teh Zero G's are a big unknown. Hell, the testers haven't even got their Zero G cranks, yet.
I like um better than the ZG's, those are gonna gussie up yer Moots pretty good. Now if you could just get rid of those Bontrager wheels!
Maybe Terry will lend you his spiders?

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
Phat&SlowVelo said:
I like um better than the ZG's, those are gonna gussie up yer Moots pretty good. Now if you could just get rid of those Bontrager wheels!
Maybe Terry will lend you his spiders?
I'm tryin' to get rid of, damn it, but fate is conspiring against me. The wheel fund had to be dumped into the FixTheSubaruTranny Fund......which ended up needing to be a lot bigger than I'd expected. Oh, well, it's not like I would've had the wheels by now anyway. Ligero posted on Weight Weenies that the new White Industries (hubs I'll be getting) H1 rear hubs just came in. So even iffin' I'd payed him already, the wheels still wouldn't be here.

Here's a piccie that he posted over at WW.

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
That came out really nicely. Love the orange, my travel bike is going to be a similar color. I also like the way the green HS works with it.

Your photos are great, don't diminish them.

·
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
WoW

alienator said:
I'm tryin' to get rid of, damn it, but fate is conspiring against me. The wheel fund had to be dumped into the FixTheSubaruTranny Fund......which ended up needing to be a lot bigger than I'd expected. Oh, well, it's not like I would've had the wheels by now anyway. Ligero posted on Weight Weenies that the new White Industries (hubs I'll be getting) H1 rear hubs just came in. So even iffin' I'd payed him already, the wheels still wouldn't be here.

Here's a piccie that he posted over at WW.
between the cranks and the hubs that Moots is gonna be a boat anchor ;) What kind of rims are going on those hubs?

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
Phat&SlowVelo said:
between the cranks and the hubs that Moots is gonna be a boat anchor ;) What kind of rims are going on those hubs?
Alex Crostini R3.1 rims. Ligero says they're all weighing in at 370-372ish grams. Pretty rims. Juanmoretime has antied up for a set. I think I'll ask to have the hubs anodized black. Always need more black.

·
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Alien

alienator said:
Alex Crostini R3.1 rims. Ligero says they're all weighing in at 370-372ish grams. Pretty rims. Juanmoretime has antied up for a set. I think I'll ask to have the hubs anodized black. Always need more black.
once you get those cranks and wheels, you are gonna post me a pic right? For us Moots bretheren?

·
Banned
2,767 Posts
Phat&SlowVelo said:
once you get those cranks and wheels, you are gonna post me a pic right? For us Moots bretheren?
Pictures? Qu'est-ce que c'est "pictures?"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.