Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
merckxman
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Independent Fabrications has worked closely with Reynolds in developing their new 953 steel tubeset as seen in this stunning prototype frame. In addition to its amazing strength and fatigue properties, 953 is also a bona fide stainless alloy and doesn’t require paint.
Photo ©: James Huang/Cyclingnews.com"

·
Cross Bike Collector.....
1,144 Posts
Did you see the picture of the whole bike?

I gots to have the IF hat trick, steel planet cross(already own) IF 953, and a Ti Crown Jewel. :D

·
Resident Curmudgeon
11,979 Posts
terry b said:
That's next on my list, but not from IF. Oh, and I intend to paint mine.
IMO...a great idea!:)

·
1,144 Posts
Terry

terry b said:
That's next on my list, but not from IF. Oh, and I intend to paint mine.
Who's building it for you? Carl? Is this before the trip to far east, or after?

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
Phat&SlowVelo said:
Who's building it for you? Carl? Is this before the trip to far east, or after?
Builder is as yet not finalized and hopefully long before I move to China, like mid-2006. Might've been earlier but the piping is not yet available.Mucho delays.

·
1,144 Posts
You gotta go with Carl......

terry b said:
Builder is as yet not finalized and hopefully long before I move to China, like mid-2006. Might've been earlier but the piping is not yet available.Mucho delays.
Have you checked out the Handmade show? That custom Crumpton with the Easton Stays was gorgeous. add another to my short list, or is it really a long list? My lust for small custom builders is growing, Alien is right, I need counseling. My IF dealer is quite competent, unlike yours so my 953 will be coming from them. no paint. that's #2 on my list right after my Vanilla. Then: Jim Kish, Mike Desalvo, Carl Strong, IF, Sycip, Crumpton, and maybe a Rock Lobster cause I love cross bikes. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts