Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Just Plain Bitter
Joined
·
8,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started a little bit of a war on another board over this picture and some people promoting running over cyclists. I am told this is an Oregon plate.

 

·
Always changing.....
Joined
·
4,523 Posts
Pretty nice car to be advertising hate. I never really understood why the US allows plates like these. Just don't get it.
 

·
Frog Whisperer
Joined
·
40,886 Posts


this is the REAL, un-modified license plate

edit (from oregon DOT's web site, naturally, different "number"
 

·
corning my own beef
Joined
·
5,713 Posts
lot8con8 said:
Pretty nice car to be advertising hate. I never really understood why the US allows plates like these. Just don't get it.
well, if you look close you'll see it's a "home-brewed" custom plate -- definitely was not issued looking like that. Can't really blame the US or the issuing state for this one, but I agree that it's an astounding display of ignorance and hate. See, before he got that plate, lots of folks may have thought he was a blithering idiot. Now he's taken it upon himself to remove all doubt.
 

·
Just Plain Bitter
Joined
·
8,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll leave the other board out of it mostly because I have been member there for many years. The majority of ignorance is from youngsters that really don't know what they are talking about.

The car is late 80's BMW e30 and although it is a very nice car and I am I used to race these cars it is not really an expensive car these days.

If you look closely it looks as though originally it was a pro(for) cycling plate but was defaced with the circle and cross and the frame added.

But if anyone spots the car in the Portland area wave and smile at the driver!
 

·
Captain Obvious
Joined
·
11,876 Posts
2cflyr said:
wait- isnt it illegal for pleople 18 and over to ride on the sidewalks in some jurisdictions? I'm pretty sure it is in my county.
illegal if you are 12 and older by me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,033 Posts
The nice part is that by ordering the plate he made a donation to Bicycle Transportation Alliance and Cycle Oregon.
 

·
Always changing.....
Joined
·
4,523 Posts
JustTooBig said:
well, if you look close you'll see it's a "home-brewed" custom plate -- definitely was not issued looking like that. Can't really blame the US or the issuing state for this one, but I agree that it's an astounding display of ignorance and hate. See, before he got that plate, lots of folks may have thought he was a blithering idiot. Now he's taken it upon himself to remove all doubt.

That plate is like having a target on your back. Sometimes Karma is a real b!tch.:D
 

·
Frog Whisperer
Joined
·
40,886 Posts
coreyb said:
The nice part is that by ordering the plate he made a donation to Bicycle Transportation Alliance and Cycle Oregon.
hadn't thought about that...COOL!
 

·
Just Plain Bitter
Joined
·
8,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lot8con8 said:
That plate is like having a target on your back. Sometimes Karma is a real b!tch.:D
That is pretty much why I posted the picture. Eventually someone here is going to come across this guy!
 

·
Just Plain Bitter
Joined
·
8,602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here let me add his twitter address as well while we're at it

"r3v0lt"

I am told he spreads little cycling hate here as well/
 

·
haole from the mainland
Joined
·
5,962 Posts
rward325 said:
That is pretty much why I posted the picture. Eventually someone here is going to come across this guy!
And hopefully they will either doctor up the plastic surround or make it disappear completely.
 

·
Call me a Fred
Joined
·
16,999 Posts
In most states it's illegal to deface a license plate.
 

·
Pusher of Pedals
Joined
·
194 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,536 Posts
I'm in pdx... That car would be keyed the feck up if I were to happen by it. maybe a screw or two in the tires. maybe hold off on the molotovs and grenade launcher.
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top