Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what is the rodent looking creature sporting the maglia rosa? I see if during the post race commentaries and it seems odd that it could be the mascot for the tour.

So what is it and why do they have it?

·
Registered
11,555 Posts
It's supposed to be a dormouse (muscardinus avellanarius), a European rodent which hibernates from October to April. Professional cyclists used to follow a similar regimen. The expression of the mascot is supposed to convey "what, time to get up for the Giro already?"

·
Registered
133 Posts
idk, but...

...I've got the "Il grande Giro" tune running through my head...grrr.

Has anyone watching on RAI noticed how many times the camera will focus on attractive women for no particular reason?

wim said:
It's supposed to be a dormouse (muscardinus avellanarius), a European rodent which hibernates from October to April. Professional cyclists used to follow a similar regimen. The expression of the mascot is supposed to convey "what, time to get up for the Giro already?"

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,941 Posts
peter1 said:
Has anyone watching on RAI noticed how many times the camera will focus on attractive women for no particular reason?
Hotties I can live with, it's the close-ups of the bambini that annoy me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.