Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· wheel to wheel
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard today on RAI that Bettini is in negotiations with T-Mobile for a 2Mil Euro/yr engagement, and that the contract is on the table.

I guess il Grillo is going to start being real nice to Wesemann and Pollack....

Maybe it's just rumor to heat up the QS offer, but if it happens:
Good move?
Bad move?

· Cannot bench own weight
4,298 Posts
Well, for Bettini, that's a good move. Great money and that team has a big budget.

For T-Mobile...who knows? I like Bettini, however he would be 33 by the time he can join them.

· Registered
238 Posts
Argentius said:
Great move for bettini to get some hard-earned cash before he retires, that's for sure.

But how many riders have gone through the t-mobile spin cycle and had it not turn out for them?
Bettini has a long track record on his own so I wouldn't worry about him languishing in the depths of TMob. Wesseman could use some help in the classics, a rider like that should have someone getting his back (and be covering someone else's as well).

· Not Banned
49,249 Posts
I dunno

the Pink Hole has eaten its share of talented riders. I wouldn't take that risk unless the guaranteed him cpatainship for the classics. He needs to go somewhere as I don't think he likes having to play second fiddle to Boonen

· Registered
2,514 Posts
atpjunkie said:
the Pink Hole has eaten its share of talented riders. I wouldn't take that risk unless the guaranteed him cpatainship for the classics. He needs to go somewhere as I don't think he likes having to play second fiddle to Boonen
The way Milram was leading him out I thought they were trying to sign him. They would have Peta for the flat races and the cricket for the hilly ones.

· wheel to wheel
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
terzo rene said:
The way Milram was leading him out I thought they were trying to sign him. They would have Peta for the flat races and the cricket for the hilly ones.
If Pollack wins in Milano Milram will have led out 4 different leaders this Giro, and won with 3 of them. And that's not even counting Ongarato and Lorenzetto. Pretty good. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.