Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
Joined
·
27,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have time for an official report and can't do pics yet, but wanted to give a mad shout-out to Welty for throwing it together, and to Len and JTB for hauling my freeloading arse to the ride. Awesome ride and awesome time.
 

·
Captain Obvious
Joined
·
11,876 Posts
Thanks for hosting, weltyed. I had a blast. Wish i could have stayed a bit longer. Working on getting some stimulus money and smoothing a few of those roads out for next time. It was great to meet a few more people too.
 

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
Joined
·
22,021 Posts
Awesome day. Thanks w for hosting this. Thanks all for coming.

Len
 

·
Captain Obvious
Joined
·
11,876 Posts

·
your text here
Joined
·
13,192 Posts
i guess i am used to the crazy drivers out here. that or they just have a hard time passing more than one cyclist at a time. and the roads get a bit washboarding out here in teh surbubs. i have noticed in the past few years they have started resurfacing. nippersink and gilbert are two examples.

i hope everyone got enough to eat. i shoulda had chips and dip or something ready for when we rolled in. i had planned on getting the tables set up outside before everyone showd, but i ran outta time. i finally found the 2 liter of sprite (on the top of the fridge) and the mr pibbs buried beneath the beerses. thanks to ToG and WI B16 for bringing an awesome pasta salad and pheasant sausages, respectively. and rollo, The Boy continues to pound what is left of the Bennison goodness you brought.

i feel like i didnt get a chance to talk to everyone as much as i had hoped. heck , i coulda hung out all day...

i think i took three shots from the hip and will get those up when i can.

EDIT: i missed seeing all that have ridden with us before. next year, dont push your wife down the stairs, grumps.
 

·
wut?
Joined
·
14,590 Posts
weltyed said:
i hope everyone got enough to eat. i shoulda had chips and dip or something ready for when we rolled in. i had planned on getting the tables set up outside before everyone showd, but i ran outta time. i finally found the 2 liter of sprite (on the top of the fridge) and the mr pibbs buried beneath the beerses. thanks to ToG and WI B16 for bringing an awesome pasta salad and pheasant sausages, respectively. and rollo, The Boy continues to pound what is left of the Bennison goodness you brought.
Relax, dude. Everything was awesome. Fo' reals.
 

·
wut?
Joined
·
14,590 Posts
BTW, not all Illinois drivers hate bikers. I rarely encounter fools like that on the north shore or even in Chicago.
 

·
your text here
Joined
·
13,192 Posts
i think part of it was we were out later than they are used to seeing riders. and we had a big group. like most saw, riders out here are usually solo. and on tri bikes.

nobody commented on the tri chick we saw. i think she was riding a trek.

Scotty2Hotty said:
BTW, not all Illinois drivers hate bikers. I rarely encounter fools like that on the north shore or even in Chicago.
 

·
Canon Fodder
Joined
·
686 Posts
Ed did let us into the house and either he was lying about the mess or he did a fast AM scramble to clean up.


After ride libations and victuals were enjoyed outside on the patio.
 

·
Frog Whisperer
Joined
·
40,886 Posts
re: the drivers...let's not jump to conclusions here, we need to bear in mind that it IS a holiday weekend! That tend to bring out the idiots and amateur drivers...lol

Had a GREAT time.....once again meeting it RT provided no real surprises everyone is pretty much who they are here....much cynicism and smart-assery abounds! LOVE IT
 

·
wut?
Joined
·
14,590 Posts
WI B16 said:
Ed did let us into the house and either he was lying about the mess or he did a fast AM scramble to clean up.
Note to self: lay off the soda. I'm lookin' kinda portly there...
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
19,485 Posts
WI B16 said:
Ed did let us into the house and either he was lying about the mess or he did a fast AM scramble to clean up.


After ride libations and victuals were enjoyed outside on the patio.
Who are these people?
 

·
Captain Obvious
Joined
·
11,876 Posts
il sogno said:
Who are these people?
top pic S2H, rollo, socialb, mr socialb, len j, TOG
 

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
Joined
·
27,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
First pic, from left: Scotty, Rollo, SocialB, Mr. SocialB, Len, ToG.

Second: Len, Mr. Social, JTB's head, Social, yours truly, TomK, ToG.
 

·
Frog Whisperer
Joined
·
40,886 Posts
WI B16 said:
Naa, it's a wide angle lens. It always adds a few pounds.
whew....cause i was thinking i had to lose 5 pounds or so......seeing myself here
 
1 - 20 of 71 Posts
Top