Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm about to buy a Quattro Assi Team 2000 for around $450...everyone tells that a good deal...but I have a concern with the size. I'm 5'5" and the bike is 54cm...Can I get by with this size...I can stand in the bike and the top tube is about half to one inch clearance..and can get in the ridding position. The only thing I notice is that sometimes I feel like my hands go numb bc I feel like im putting too much pressure in the front...is that because is to big or do I need to adjust seat/handlebar height and get a shorter stem?

Can I get by with these adjustments? your feed back will be very helpful...I'm hours away from buying it or hours from stepping away from this bike and finding a smaller size...

· Registered
120 Posts
I answered this on another forum, but to paraphrase-you probably want a different bike-probably smaller. The bike should feel comfortably correct the first time you ride it with minor adjustments to the seat post and bars. You should feel comfortably in control of the bike, and with fine tuning should feel like the bike is a part of you. That bike is TOO BIG.
:) Ebay and craig's list should have good used choices for cheap prices. Better yet, go to a GOOD local bike shop, even if it's not actually that local to you. Get fitted, try different bikes and different geometries. All bikes are not equal based on nominal frame size. An Orbea Opal 51 cm fits like my Trek Madone SSLx 54 cm for instance. Spending a little extra at the LBS is worth it-TRUST ME-I've learned the hard way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.