Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, this is the deal. I worked with a 20 year old receptionist at my accounting firm. She's gone now, but while she worked here, we joked around a bit and just chatted casually (I stress that) once or twice. Nothing more than that.

However innocent that was, there is no denying how utterly hot she was. But I'm married, 30, and a professional. Would never consider entering into a "relationship", even as JUST FRIENDS, because my wife wouldn't understand.

She is pursuing me with all her might. She has called my cell a couple times, and has text messaged me to death. Do I get a restraining order? How can I tell her that she is barking up the wrong tree and not totally crush her? Look, I'm gonna admit here that I think she's a fox, and I have a weakness for chicks like her (petite girls with "enhancements"), but I would never stray, even as big as I talk around here. It's all talk, no game...

What's the easy way to do this? Just not answer the phone?

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
Change you cell #?

You're going to have to come right out and say it - stop calling, I'm a happy married man. Then give her scotty's phone #.

·
Registered
727 Posts
hahahaha, i love how the title says (men only) and yet snap was the first to reply. not a very law-abiding bunch around here :)

·
chica cyclista
2,842 Posts
I'll second Snap

and as we all know I don't follow destructions well just ignore for a moment the fact I'm female.

Actually don't. this is good advice because I was once a 20 year old thoughtless bimbo myself. Trust me, this chick is probably too stupid and selfabsorbed to get any gentle hints you're gonna throw her way. Just flat out tell the little homewrecker that you ain't interested, no way, no how. Go ahead and crush her because it's the only way she'll get it. Consider it 'tough love', as it's a vital learning experience she'll need in her daily dealings. Being passive aggressive with her will probably just continue to enable her obsessive behaviour; people like this tend to take anything but flat out rejection as encouragement. If she continues to pursue, get a restraining order.

20 year old hot chicks like this are all about power trips. She's probably invented some sort of 'relationship' story and is now bragging about it to all her friends and using you as a focus for drama, and reality is going to have exactly nothing to do with it.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
ashpelham said:
Alright, this is the deal. I worked with a 20 year old receptionist at my accounting firm. She's gone now, but while she worked here, we joked around a bit and just chatted casually (I stress that) once or twice. Nothing more than that.

However innocent that was, there is no denying how utterly hot she was. But I'm married, 30, and a professional. Would never consider entering into a "relationship", even as JUST FRIENDS, because my wife wouldn't understand.

She is pursuing me with all her might. She has called my cell a couple times, and has text messaged me to death. Do I get a restraining order? How can I tell her that she is barking up the wrong tree and not totally crush her? Look, I'm gonna admit here that I think she's a fox, and I have a weakness for chicks like her (petite girls with "enhancements"), but I would never stray, even as big as I talk around here. It's all talk, no game...

What's the easy way to do this? Just not answer the phone?
Dude...from how you describe her there'd be no possibility of "just friends." Just friends is something you say when you're breaking up so you don't have to say "I can't stand being around you any more."

// Stop thinking with your other head...

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
I call the BS flag......

is the real reason that you haven't just been straight up with her that "You don't want to crush her" or is it because a part of you enjoys the attention of a (as you describe it) "fox". What man wouldn't feel this way?

All you are doing by not being brutally honest with her is giving her the impression that this has a chance.

Next time she calls.....tell her the following:

1.) You are married
2.) You are notinterested in any relationship with her
3.) you are happily married
4.) Please stop calling.

Trust me, as LFR says, this is the only way she will hear you.

Len

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
cmatcan said:
hahahaha, i love how the title says (men only) and yet snap was the first to reply. not a very law-abiding bunch around here :)
Well, half the moreons here would just tell him to post a pic, um, wait, nevermind.

Of course, Snap will post, she is just one of the "guys"

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
You must tell her, in no uncertain terms, that you are married, you cannot enter into a "relationship", and you will never stray, and that she cannot contact you anymore. Ever.

Stop this now, or it can potentially get very messy.

Tell your wife what is going on, because this woman may decide to burn you, and you don't want your wife to discover what is going on the hard way. If this really is as innocent as you say it is, you have nothing to fear.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
i'm with LFR, be brutally honest.

and, if you value your marriage, tell your wife.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
Len J said:
is the real reason that you haven't just been straight up with her that "You don't want to crush her" or is it because a part of you enjoys the attention of a (as you describe it) "fox". What man wouldn't feel this way?
Good point...now that I'm 40 the number of hot 20 year olds who would actually want to sleep with me are few and far between. I imagine having some pretty young thing put the moves on me would be fairly intoxicating. Goes back to my original advice though--think with your other head and all will be clear.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,399 Posts
Tell your wife, because, someday, someway, she will find out. Be a man about it.............Have your wife answer you cell phone, when this crazy chick calls. By the way, do you have a pet Rabbit ?

·
Banned
6,360 Posts
Corollary to the Mohair Chair response...

mohair_chair said:
You must tell her, in no uncertain terms, that you are married, you cannot enter into a "relationship", and you will never stray, and that she cannot contact you anymore. Ever.

Stop this now, or it can potentially get very messy.

Tell your wife what is going on, because this woman may decide to burn you, and you don't want your wife to discover what is going on the hard way. If this really is as innocent as you say it is, you have nothing to fear.
I agree you should tell your wife--at least I'd tell MINE, and have in similar circumstances. This isn't as rare a phenomenon as you may think, and you're at an age (which unfortunately I'm long past) where a 20-year-old might find you sophisticated, mature, wordly and yet still young enough to be, like, really hunky. But a 20-year-old is a teen-ager in disguise, which makes any kind of contact a crapshoot. If you sleep with her, she's almost certain to let your wife know eventually, and if you reject her by explaining, patiently and clearly, that you're not interested, she may be young/dumb/immature/vengeful enough to claim God knows what. Unless your wife is of the wacko-suspicious persuasion, I think the best thing to do is tell her what's going on, so any future communication doesn't come as a surprise, and continue to non-respond to the disaster when she phones. You're not going to be able to talk her out of her infatuation, but it's likely to pass in a few weeks when the next hunk comes along.

·
Windrider (Stubborn)
22,021 Posts
MR_GRUMPY said:
By the way, do you have a pet Rabbit ?
ROFLMAO........man that scene has always given me chills.

Len

·
Moderatus Puisne
15,882 Posts
Okay, okay, so maybe I'm totally missing the boat about women, but unless this chica is totally off her rocker, I've never seen an attractive young woman pursue an older guy who's unavailable AND UNINTERESTED.

I've seen men give a signal to the effect of "well, gee, if only the situaton were different," and have years of weirdness. But a simple "No way, not now, not ever, STOP CALLING" WILL work, unless she's in need of serious, immediate professional attention.

I'm with Len. A hottie who's hot for you has got to be a huge ego boost... I'm sure it's tough to let die.

·
goodbye fraudriguez
371 Posts
Tell your wife..

because when you do it is no longer a secret (which you shouldn't be keeping from your wife), and relieves you of the guilt of keeping a secret. Plus it prepares her for any possible confrontation should this chick not get the point, or is psycho.

As an aside, if she wasn't hot, would you even be asking for advice? I didn't think so.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for the, um, replys...

:D

There is good reason to throw a BS flag, I suppose, because I did give her "Attention" at the onset. I mean, heck, it was something nice to look at. Girls with big fake boobies usually get that attention. I have a weakness for it. But it went to far when the contact initiate by her, outside of this workplace, continued to go on.

I feel like I should come clean about something to my wife, but I'm not really sure what. It's not like I've done anything, other than just participate in some casual banter.

It's really my fault for even looking at the little urchin to begin with, i suppose.

·
grasso e lento
116 Posts
Tell your wife she will take care of it

Also here is your chance to get back at "The chicks that would never give you the time of day in your day"... Remember when you did this and the chicks would just tell you straight up, get lost jerk! Well it's time for some fun and letr' rip... :D

*Dude*

1 - 20 of 118 Posts