Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've signed up for and in an hour I'm starting my first bike race in 11 plus years. Yes it's a mtn race. But good god I'm so getting destroyed today. Lol lol

Goals.
1 live to see tommrrow
2. Finish all the course
3. Beat someone. Lol lol

Starts in a hour. I'll let you know in three hours plus how it went

Bill

·
δanned
7,006 Posts
I think the dumb action would be preventing yourself from racing ever again out of fear and constantly wondering what it would've been like had you returned to it.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok I lived. Mission accomplished

I knew in the first half mile my lungs would not open up. So since cardio wasn't going to happen, I simply rode the race as a fun ride.

I finished the entire race in last place. With a huge smile and cracking jokes the whole time.

Then leg cramps started around mile 10 and lasted thru mile 13.5. I just kept going and finished. Probally dead last.

I really did have tons of fun. It was well worth going.

Bill

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
The thing I learned was that they always start fast. If you can stay with the pack in the beginning, it will slow down and become easier.

·
Registered
7,345 Posts
I've signed up for and in an hour I'm starting my first bike race in 11 plus years. Yes it's a mtn race. But good god I'm so getting destroyed today. Lol lol

Goals.
1 live to see tommrrow
2. Finish all the course
3. Beat someone. Lol lol

Starts in a hour. I'll let you know in three hours plus how it went

Bill

That's not dumb, that's fun. So what if you come in last place or near it, it'll get you pumped, and then you will want to start training more seriously, then before you know it you might someday just win a race.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.