Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my ugly mug in a shot on cyclingnews.com, well at least from a distance. I'm the guy in the red (Che Merckx) t-shirt and sunglasses between the 200M and 150M signs. The finish was pretty amazing. I got to say good morning to Floyd Landis today at the start line. This race was incredibly well-organized for a first time event. The combined money of Amgen and AEG was evident. I hope this race lasts a long time and comes through SLO again next year.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2006/feb06/california06/?id=california064/tour_of_CA_stage_4_05

·
Banned
14,685 Posts
Is this you?

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bonkmiester said:
...did he change his shirt yet ??? ...
That's not flower patch shirt guy. The guy with me at the race shows up in a clean and nicely pressed shirt every day. Flower patch shirt guy has no interest in things like bicycle races. Things like bicycle races result in street closures that prevent him from taking <i>exactly</i> the same route to work that he has taken every day for years. Big bicycle races near the office mean change. Change=Bad.

·
imbasilical moreon
1,873 Posts
Change is bad .......

mickey-mac said:
That's not flower patch shirt guy. The guy with me at the race shows up in a clean and nicely pressed shirt every day. Flower patch shirt guy has no interest in things like bicycle races. Things like bicycle races result in street closures that prevent him from taking exactly the same route to work that he has taken every day for years. Big bicycle races near the office mean change. Change=Bad.

·
Super Moderator
19,482 Posts
mickey-mac said:
I got my ugly mug in a shot on cyclingnews.com, well at least from a distance. I'm the guy in the red (Che Merckx) t-shirt and sunglasses between the 200M and 150M signs. The finish was pretty amazing. I got to say good morning to Floyd Landis today at the start line. This race was incredibly well-organized for a first time event. The combined money of Amgen and AEG was evident. I hope this race lasts a long time and comes through SLO again next year.
I was on the San Marcos pass today. Just after the big bridge. Saw Levi chasing up to the Eki group. The guys in Eki's group looked pretty fried. I snapped a couple of pics.

Someone handed me a Toyota United cap and there were people up at the KOM squirting suntan lotion on you - if you wanted it.

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
il sogno said:
I was on the San Marcos pass today. Just after the big bridge. Saw Levi chasing up to the Eki group. The guys in Eki's group looked pretty fried. I snapped a couple of pics.

Someone handed me a Toyota United cap and there were people up at the KOM squirting suntan lotion on you - if you wanted it.
I thought about riding up the coast north of SLO to try to get some racing action but opted for walking down to the finish from my office. Here are: the finish line, guys trying to line up a video shot of the finish from the top of Moondoggies Surf Shop, provisions for the VIP tents, and all the jerseys.

·
Banned
4,302 Posts
Can I tell joo?

Joo look marhvelous.

·
Super Moderator
19,482 Posts
Hey, guess what - I was on TV. I was taking this picture of Levi as he was bridging the gap up to Eki's group going up the San Marcos Pass near Santa Barbara. There's a motorcycle cameraman in the shot. Turns out they used the shot of Levi just as he was passing me.

Here's my pic of Levi.

I was with the people at the side of the road after they crossed the Cold Spring Bridge. This was just after Levi attacked to bridge the gap.

On TV you can tell the start of the bridge by the French flag off to the left of the screen. The end of the bridge is where all of a sudden you see cars parked at the side of the road. There's a couple of white SUV's then a white tent. As they come up to the 55 mph sign there's a guy in a yellow jersey and then me. I'm in a red long sleeve T-shirt and jeans with a little camera in front of my face.

This can be viewed with the ToC Tour tracker.

http://www.amgentourofcalifornia.com/race-live/play-by-play/stage5.html

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
What's with the Phonak guy and the blue banger? :D Peloton silliness?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts