Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm down with the flu even though I've had the shot and the mailman brought me the joyous tiding that my contract will not be renewed. I wish I were healthy so I could get drunk. :(

·
Registered
9,079 Posts
That sucks. Last time I ended up unemployed I had 30 days notice. Within 21 days I had a better job, in a better area to live, that pays more. It turned out great, since I hated the job I was doing. I hope the same thing happens for you, in spades.

By the way, isn't drinking a cure for the flu? Them little bugs can't stand booze.

·
scruffy nerf herder
4,484 Posts
c'mon...

zeytin said:
Ditto on the good fortune in spades and I also agree on the booze, it kills bacteria right?
Only if you pour whiskey on the open, festering wound, or into the bullethole/knife wound.

If your pour whiskey into the gaping maw of an infected personage, it just dulls the pain and amplifies the force and quantity of the wretching.

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
Big Bad John said:
That sucks. Last time I ended up unemployed I had 30 days notice. Within 21 days I had a better job, in a better area to live, that pays more. It turned out great, since I hated the job I was doing. I hope the same thing happens for you, in spades.

By the way, isn't drinking a cure for the flu? Them little bugs can't stand booze.
Ditto on the good fortune in spades and I also agree on the booze, it kills bacteria right?

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
I'm sorry, I should have worn my mask.

·
remodeling...me
4,177 Posts
funknuggets said:
Only if you pour whiskey on the open, festering wound, or into the bullethole/knife wound.

If your pour whiskey into the gaping maw of an infected personage, it just dulls the pain and amplifies the force and quantity of the wretching.
LOL you're right Funk, you caught me being obsequious. I do hope Rogger finds new and better employment though.

(although if it's just a cold a real hot toddy, just one, can really help)

·
scruffy nerf herder
4,484 Posts
agreed...

best of luck rogger...

Hopefully you get something soon. Keep us posted.

·
Resident Dutchbag
11,864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll go down to the Center for Work and Income this week, and see what they got. It's not going to be easy, there's loads of cheap youngsters unemployed and companies are still a little nervous about economic recovery. At least I've worked long enough to be able to claim some unemployment money so if it takes some time, at least I can have a beer when watching all that live cycling coverage. ;) :rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts