Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
still shedding season
8,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And I don't want it. What should I do to fend it off? Options limited for the next 3.5 hours while I'm stuck in my <del>cell</del> office, but I could slam some OJ.

Zicam? 50,000mg of Vitamin C? Large helping of beets braised in n00bsauce?

WWTLD?

·
midnight melon mounter
6,621 Posts
I blasted some Zicam up my nose last year, and the resulting 7 day stinging sensation was worse than a cold, which I also got.

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
yeah, try all that stuff, and also take a nap. face-down and drooling. you know you need a nap. just go do it, it's a good ROI vs being sick for a week.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Eat crazy spicy hot food to keep head clear and gargle vodka if you are getting a sore throat. I've been doing this for years and haven't been sick for quite some time. The spicy food seems to keep my head from letting the congestion set in. Gargling vodka for sore throats kills all the crap inflaming your throat and numbs it up also. This combo seems to stop congestion from getting into the lungs. cheers

·
still shedding season
8,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
twinkles said:
gargle vodka if you are getting a sore throat. I've been doing this for years
Don't you have to come up for air once in awhile? :)

//Already had the highly-caffeinated tea (after the OJ) in anticipation of a post-caffeine buzz crash for the nap when I get home. That one always helps but I wish my desk faced the other way so I could get started - oh, right about now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts