Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tony Martin this, Tony Martin that. Tony pulls the peloton up the Big Bear climb. Tony wins the AToC TT. Tony shines at Suisse. Tony pulls on leader's jersey.

All this reporting of meritorious racing by this nobody is getting in the way of wall-to-wall Lance coverage. I mean just because the guy seems to be carrying the entire pro peloton on his skinny shoulders is no reason to not gove Lancy his righteous place in the sun.

Come on, Tony. Lighten up

JSR

· Registered
240 Posts
I love Tony - not because he's an awesome hard working and suffering rider - but because that guy is the best actor in the entire peloton.

He may be dragging everyone up some god-foresaken climb all by himself, but the look of death on his face warrants an Oscar. Everyone in the peloton must look at him and think "No problem, this guy will never get away and I better take some pulls before he drops dead right in front of me and his pedals go in my spokes".

But maybe he has found a way to detach his legs from the incredible suffering his face portrays. Perhaps the grim reaper is really on his door? Maybe that's who's chasing down and up these horrible roads?

The look on Tony's face is enough to scare anyone away from bike racing all by itself.

Whenever I think I have it rough, I remember Tony's face climbing Ventoux last Tour and see how much worse it can get!

Go Tony Go!

· Administrator
13,172 Posts
Tony Martin is the new Mancebo!

· Registered
3,055 Posts
JSR said:
Tony Martin this, Tony Martin that. Tony pulls the peloton up the Big Bear climb. Tony wins the AToC TT. Tony shines at Suisse. Tony pulls on leader's jersey.

All this reporting of meritorious racing by this nobody is getting in the way of wall-to-wall Lance coverage. I mean just because the guy seems to be carrying the entire pro peloton on his skinny shoulders is no reason to not gove Lancy his righteous place in the sun.

Come on, Tony. Lighten up

JSR
[sarcasm] Yeah... sure.... this is EXACTLY at the level of Lance fandom :rolleyes: [/sarcasm]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.