Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Coco Puff
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's the annual trip to Chico to pick up Sierra NV Pale Bock.

Yummy. Yes, it's worth the trip.

A hazy shade of winter will not deter...

·
Coco Puff
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The site of the Chico Wildflower Century. Hopefully it will warm up and dry out by April.

The trip back... more snow.

·
Coco Puff
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So, what did we get? Just a beer or two. This oughta last at least until April... Going to have to ride a lot and work up a real thirst.

;-)

Cheers!

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
quit showing pictures of cali, i'm going thru withdrawel.

are you gonna pic up some barleywine too? Can you get any of their specialty beers up there in bottles? the ones not normally available?

I may or may not have tried the pale bock but I'll trust that its good (what isn't)

edit: those green boxes answered some of my questions.

·
Coco Puff
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Friction_Shifter said:
you don't mess around!!!!!

i'd like to hang out with you someday.
Likewise. I dig your avatar. The arms must be humungous on this gal to carry that litter of pups around.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Now, I can respect someone who buys beer in bulk! :) Guess you are planning on a long hot summer in Reno. That is a fantastic use of a pickup truck.

Can you supply any more information on the picture of the two bridges? That is a spectacular shot-almost looks like is built in miniature.

thanks

kirk

·
gazing from the shadows
27,225 Posts
:eek: Wow! That is certainly a sign of a man who knows what he likes. Buy by the case, sure but to buy by the pallate?

Bring me a bottle to the tahoe gathering (assuming you are coming), I have to see what inspires such dedication.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
My cousin went to college there while I was in the Air Force stationed at Beale. I forgot how beautiful it is there. You picked a heck of a day to make the trip.

·
Beetpull DeLite
12,749 Posts
Sweet mother of God! That's one hell of a haul. I had a SN Pale Ale this weekend...you're right, very good stuff.

I can't get the IPA or the Pale Bock around here, how're they?

Beautiful area, btw.

·
Coco Puff
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nodima said:
Can you supply any more information on the picture of the two bridges? That is a spectacular shot-almost looks like is built in miniature.
Reno to Chico via hwy 70. This is Feather River running through Feather River canyon. The lower bridge is RR, the upper is vehicle. I think these bridges date to about 1930- something

·
Coco Puff
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
dr hoo said:
Bring me a bottle to the tahoe gathering (assuming you are coming), I have to see what inspires such dedication.
If there's any left by June ;-)

I'll try to save a few ...

·
Coco Puff
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lousylegs said:
key word there being "try"?
either that or "a few"

·
Where Are We Eating?
129 Posts
Yum....beer...

I'm going to have to search my LBS (local beer shops) for that bock.

I did some gold panning in that river when I worked in Chico on a movie for a month. It was Summer and hotter than hell. Chico started my career as a beer drinker.

·
Registered
5,627 Posts
Friction_Shifter said:
I can see it now. He opens the fridge and there's one left. Decisions, decisions.

and it ain't no magic fridge.
MAGIC FRIDGE, MAGIC FRIDGE - though if it were really a magic fridge it would not contain the bud piss water.

·
Coco Puff
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
endo verendo said:
I'm going to have to search my LBS (local beer shops) for that bock.

I think the Pale Bock doesn't make it out of the (Butte) county- thus the reason for the travel to pick it up.

This beer is a gorgeous pale golden color with a white creamy head. The nose is of big malt with just a hint of hop, and when young has a touch of sulfur due to the lager yeast used. It ages well for up to a year or more, and as it does the initial sulfur note backs out and becomes more like a hint of diacetyl (kind of a buttery note). This beer is best lagered in your fridge for at least three months before digging into, as it needs more time to mellow. The date code on this bottling is 3-3-06. It's just a baby.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts