Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's about 60 degrees and tomorrow I'm going to go ride. Looks like I might get a slight drizzle. HA HA HA (evil laugh)

That's one benefit of living in Santa Barbara!! Lord knows we pay for it, might as well enjoy it.

I'll make sure I give a hoot for all of you stuck in the snow and fridged NE!!!!

Kraftwerk going through my head, tour de france, tour de france......

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
today was the first day

today was the first day i saw my legs pedal without lycra from the quads down.

thankful.

albiet frustrated, fighting a 16mph NE wind, with 22 mph gusts.

i love "spring".

·
Registered
446 Posts
You saw skin?

J's Haiku Shop said:
today was the first day i saw my legs pedal without lycra from the quads down.

thankful.

albiet frustrated, fighting a 16mph NE wind, with 22 mph gusts.

i love "spring".
Bare skin? And you were outside? Ha! It was 34 and raining this morning, tonight we have 3-4 inches of new snow on the ground (ontop of what was rained away this morning).

·
Category Four Racer
194 Posts
The weather for metro Detroit today:

Cloudy and blustery with snow showers. Temps nearly steady in the low to mid 30s. Winds WNW at 20 to 30 mph. Chance of snow 60%.

If anyone has never shoveled snow, stop by :)

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,465 Posts
Not quite bare skin weather here yet, but yesterday was great, temps in the upper 40's, no frostbite, lots of run-off from melting snow. 1st ride on the road bike since early January when we had some warmer weather-I've been riding my crosser since then. Man, did it feel good!

·
Unrepentant Mountainbiker
624 Posts
You are all Shaming me!

Done nothing but trainer rides and spin classess since the 1st weekend in Dec. Tuesday was the only day this year that the temp has broken 32 F. Todays high is supposed to be 27 with a 10 to 25 mph wind. That is 'nice' weather hear. I guess that I will have to break out the roadie and get some miles in just to try and keep up!

Thanks for the inspiration!

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,465 Posts
Keep the RB in the garage. If you have an mtb or cross bike, use it. They're slower and slow =less wind=not as cold=happier cyclist. Besides, any mileage outside in the winter is a "bonus" IMHO so you don't have to but your arse, just have fun.

·
Unrepentant Mountainbiker
624 Posts
But I want to ride the Roadie!

I have two Mtnbikes, and two Road bikes, but I HAD to ride the newer road bike today as I have put new pedals and a new wheelset on. The Roads were mostly dry except for in low spots and on my road where they never actually plowed down to the pavement. There are Ice dams keeping the melt water from runnig off.

I did actually get out and ride, and then spent over 30 min cleaning the bike as soon as I got home. It felt so good to get out and actually ride outside! So what I was pitifully slow, so what my toes got cold (even through two pair of socks and with baggies in my shoes). I was out on my bike and riding! What a good day! :cool: Now I just need to recruit some like minded fools to join me and we could actually take turns fighting into the wind. I sure would not have minded having someone to take a pull for me while pudhing against that headwind out there.

Next time, I probably will end up taking the hardtail Mtnbike. I just hate having a dirty road bike!

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,465 Posts
True Dat! Get some cheapo slicks for your mtb; you'll thank yourself later.

·
I ride in circles..
4,645 Posts
Man up! Rode last week... 45-50*f the whole time with nasty winds. Rode yesterday and it was well under 50* and really windy. Layers baby! Gotta have them!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.