Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
14,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to believe something is going on out there. (LOL!)

Three months into my great KEO pedal experiment, I have as of this morning broken the tongue off THREE (3) KEO cleats.

In 20 years of riding Look red deltas, I never broke even ONE cleat.

Am I the only one being tormented this way? Or are KEO cleats badly designed/manufactured?

·
Banned
14,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's such an automatic thing I have no idea. You're suggesting that prominent lip could be stressed if you unclip heel down, and is so fragile it might break? Maybe, but man that would be a crap design.

Amsmoore said:
I use em. I think that the front lip could be broken, but not in normal riding.

How do you stop? Unclip, toe down? or unclip, heel down?

·
Registered
201 Posts
I did have one break about a week into it's life span. Examined the cleat and there was an internal void in the plastic so I chalked it up to an isolated manufacturers defect. 2 years later and I haven't had any problems since then so maybe there was a bad batch floating around.

Are the cleats you broke of recent manufacture or are they older ones?

·
Registered
89 Posts
OES said:
It's such an automatic thing I have no idea. You're suggesting that prominent lip could be stressed if you unclip heel down, and is so fragile it might break? Maybe, but man that would be a crap design.
Nope. The front lip could be being stressed if when you unclip, you place your foot on the ground toe down. I did it the first week I owned the Looks, and I had to consciously stop myself.

·
Banned
14,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Amsmoore said:
Nope. The front lip could be being stressed if when you unclip, you place your foot on the ground toe down. I did it the first week I owned the Looks, and I had to consciously stop myself.
Well, that's certainly a thought.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.