Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks; scabby here.

The legs's healin' up just fine. It's basically just a bruise with a big long scab which is just about prime for picking. - nice and crackly crispy.

Had an interesting ride into work today. I was ballsy/stupid. I have been riding without a U-lock these last 3 days because I am using all my locks to lock up 6 bikes out on the landing of where we're living right now. But this morning I wanted to stop and get an OJ at this little bodega. It was early, but in the heart of the ghetto... I didn't see anyone around so I left my rear wheel insight as I parked it right at the entrance and ran in super fast. I've never left my bike unlocked ANYWHERE in Baltimore before so this was pretty crazy. It was fine though. Nobody came by.

Just a couple shots from this morning,
Arby.

Below: Feelin' scabby.

Below: I left the rear wheel in sight.

Below: I ran to the back and grabbed an OJ.

·
Bacon!
9,193 Posts
Gotta pick it

It's the only fun you get from an injury like that. Major ouch!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Slipped my left foot off my Candy at a green light last summer and peeled my shin. Not as long or lovely as Arby's wound, but impressive enough to gross out my six-year-old daughter. I was surprised; the Candys are much more friendly in appearance than pedals with all sorts of razor-sharp retention like my old Times.

Anyone lurking probably saw your scar, Arby, and figgered the K2 wasn't worth taking on a man like you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.