Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Making you scream like a little girl.

I could so use a man right about now. But since no one is handy...

Mr. Big @ss Spawn From Hell, meet Mr. Big @ss Boot.

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
It would make a nice avatar.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
It doesn't seem to be the one used for the payment.

//Virtually taking some newspapers to either swat that spider or remove it for you OEH.

///Trying not to freak out so much perhaps because it seems kinda big. The spider that is.

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's HUGE!

All I know is it is a boy spider, as those little "boxing glove" thingies sticking out of the front of it are its sex organs.

OK. He's dead-o. Eeewwww.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
OldEndicottHiway said:
It's HUGE!

All I know is it is a boy spider, as those little "boxing glove" thingies sticking out of the front of it are its sex organs.

Mmm...

Hugs. :)

·
Non Non Cyclist
5,777 Posts
In the sink?

:shudders:

I hate spiders.

At my house it would have been an instance of Mr. Spider, meet Mr. Scalding Hot Water boiling your ass and sending you down the drain. Of course, I would have been freaking out and shrieking like a little girl the entire time, as well.

Haven't seen many spiders at the house lately. The kittehs are doing their job. :thumbsup:

·
RBR Veteran Opinionater
1,457 Posts
Ah, you got it handled.

OldEndicottHiway said:
It's HUGE!

Cause in an emergency like this, I could probably be there in, like, 6 hours.

·
What the Hell is going on
5,143 Posts
old_fuji said:

brown recluse?
That's some pretty bad mojo if'n it were/is a brown recluse.

·
Banned forever.....or not
24,426 Posts
It looks like the rare "jumping eye biting" spider. I've been told that they live in colonies that number in the hundreds. (if not thousands)

The colony usually waits 24 hours before enacting their revenge.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I don't like killing the poor little things, I'm a "catch-and-release" kind of guy, but it is just a spider after all. Plenty more where he came from (insert evil cackle).

I had an apartment in a house in a wooded area and once awoke to find a spider the size of my palm on my window screen. And FAST - it was a pain catching that sucker. I could barely fit a tumbler over him/her without crushing his feet. Must have been a wolf spider.

-----------------------------

·
the fist
13,711 Posts
Screw spiders. kill 'em all. Those dirty scoundrels crawl into your bed and wait for you, just so they can bite...oh that's not a spider, tee hee

·
Registered
11,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yup that were be me last night.

I would rather see a snake in the sink than a spider. If it was a snake, I could've asked Let's_Ride to come over and smash it with a dumbbell (best thread evar).

Someone metioned Recluse but we actually don't have a whole lot of those up here, but we have plenty of Hobos and Widows. I don't know how many Widows I smashed the year I moved in up here. They were ALL over!

Hobos actually do more harm than the Recluse. Hobos came from Europe, smuggled in on ships. Thanks Euro peeps!

·
Power Napper
2,853 Posts
LOL! cute..

spiders don't do anything for me. I knock down the webs in the corners and that's it.

centipeds.....now THERE"S evil incarnate (shudder)

·
Climbs like a sprinter...
6,976 Posts
It is a "hobo" spider ( the "boxing gloves are the give away). We got them all over the place in Idaho. They are pretty poisonous but not usually deadly (to adults). They usually hang out in basements. We have "traps" for them that are sticky traps that you put along the base of the walls. If you have other spiders in your house, don't kill them because they eat hobos. Also, cats love hobos - because they're fast - and the hobo's poison does not effect cats.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts