Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
brown sugar?

Note...some NSFW in the vid.

<object width="425" height="344">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vK5MC8pa_cY&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></object>

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
I'm partial to the Who myself. And I can't see the vids at work but I love the older stuff from the stones. Sticky Fingers and Some Girls are masterpieces IMHO.

·
Opus was just napping
21,655 Posts
I miss the Rolling Stones channel on Sirius a little bit everyday.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
JohnnyTooBad said:
I dreamed about Mick Jagger last night......

eww... what the hell?
was he nice or mean?

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
I like the Stones, but Greatest. Rock. Band. Evar? No. They should have stopped after the Some Girls album, so their reputation stayed intact.

·
Shirtcocker
60,639 Posts
mohair_chair said:
I like the Stones, but Greatest. Rock. Band. Evar? No. They should have stopped after the Some Girls album, so their reputation stayed intact.
I love how Neil Young and Crazy Horse claim to be the 3rd best garage band ever. First 2, presumably, are The Stones and the Kinks.

·
Registered
11,561 Posts
mohair_chair said:
Who's better?

I'm not a huge Rolling Stones fan but for just straight-up Rock and Roll, I think they're the best.

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They are still the greatest of all time. The Stones are the Eddy Merckx of rock n roll.

Just because Eddy got fat and got dropped in a few no-name crits at the end of his career, does not detract a bit from his legacy. In fact it only proves that he was a competitor to the end.

Just like Mick and the boys keep on blowing out eardrums even though they should really be on IV's at all times.

In fact, I'd pay triple their outrageous Ticketmaster fees to see Eddy jam with Keith, just once.

·
Low rep power
6,264 Posts
Saw them for the first time in '69- killer band then, and still love them.

Some serious trainer music in here:

·
Registered
11,088 Posts
the song I heard first time I was ever seriously drunk was Satisfaction...

the opening notes take me back to that high whevever I hear it.

good times.

·
yellow is mellow
1,199 Posts
Great first album "England's Greatest Hitmakers" from 1962 when they they were real blues disciples. Anything after that a bit of a twittuh.

Of course what I learned from message boards- who are you going to believe- me or your own ears?

·
Jerkhard Sirdribbledick
27,035 Posts
The Stones were one of those groups I was always cold to, because I'd heard all their singles growing up and was kinda tired of them. Then I finally got Let it Bleed, heard Love in Vain (2nd track on the album), and was f-ing floored.

I had that same sort of moment of clarity with Hendrix when I got Axis Bold as Love.

For the record, I have not had that moment with the Beatles.

·
tofurkey hunting
4,733 Posts
my parents took me to a stones concert when i was young....even then i knew it was awesome

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
atmo the local radio stations must get a commission every time a 'stones song is played. can't go an hour without hearing three or four. i've been sick of them since birth.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I know it's only rock n' roll

but I like it, like it, yes I do! Rent Let it Shine. Mick and the boys are in their 60's and they put most bands to shame with that live show!!

Hell yeah, "Paint it Black you Devil!" Props to anyone who knows the album where you hear that line in the background!

The greatest rock in roll band in the World!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts