Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a three day seminar in San Francisco on May 3, 4, and 5. In addition to spending some time at the famous Toronado bar, I've decided to enhance my trip with a stopover in Santa Cruz on Friday night on the way home. After talking to the infamous Cooper by phone, we've made plans for a ride on the morning of Saturday, May 6, with the promise of some flame action on the Cooper front drive during the visit. Since missing Cooper on the SD trip, I've been looking forward to meeting him. Any other loungers in the Santa Cruz area who are interested in riding on Saturday or drinking on Friday should sound off. I'm booked for some cheesy motel a couple of blocks from the water.

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
mickey-mac said:
I have a three day seminar in San Francisco on May 3, 4, and 5. In addition to spending some time at the famous Toronado bar, I've decided to enhance my trip with a stopover in Santa Cruz on Friday night on the way home. After talking to the infamous Cooper by phone, we've made plans for a ride on the morning of Saturday, May 6, with the promise of some flame action on the Cooper front drive during the visit. Since missing Cooper on the SD trip, I've been looking forward to meeting him. Any other loungers in the Santa Cruz area who are interested in riding on Saturday or drinking on Friday should sound off. I'm booked for some cheesy motel a couple of blocks from the water.
With a wizard of oz theme, I've a hunch a repost of this morning's photoshop work is in order...

·
Back from the dead
20,626 Posts
Just a warning. He doesn't look anything like the pictures you've seen. He's about 350 lbs, and has no hair, and if you ride with him, all you hear is a lot of wheezing, and he's so slow, you'll never see him after the first mile. And if that really cute woman you've seen in pictures is his wife, it's news to me. That whole fire thing is an act. He was afraid of matches when I met him. But have fun!

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
mohair_chair said:
Just a warning. He doesn't look anything like the pictures you've seen. He's about 350 lbs, and has no hair, and if you ride with him, all you hear is a lot of wheezing, and he's so slow, you'll never see him after the first mile. And if that really cute woman you've seen in pictures is his wife, it's news to me. That whole fire thing is an act. He was afraid of matches when I met him. But have fun!
And whatever goes down, no Mohair Chairs are invited for the ride. He hurt my feelings and made me cry. My therapist says he's a really negative person for me to be around, but with a few more sessions and a double dose of Zoloft, the doctor assures me I'll get better.

·
The Original and The Best
1,294 Posts
Ohhhhh, man. I can't be there. I am so disappointed. :( :( :(

Cannot believe I am gonna miss out on hanging with gray-haired hottie cyclists in Santa Cruz. And fiery diversions, too. I will have to wait yet again to meet the man behind the flamethrower.

Are you gonna climb the Santa Cruz Mountains? Highway 9? Skyline Blvd? Cruise the beach? Awww...

I would love to join, but I am gonna be swimming, biking, and running out of town that weekend. May 6th is the day of the Wildflower Triathlon at Lake San Antonio. BUT if the weather turns nasty like it was two years ago, I will stay home and ride with you guys! :cool:

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
I was planning on taking MM up Eureka Canyon and back down through Soquel, finishing up with some ocean front riding. ~60+ miles. If your plans change, IM me, and we can get you directions. Are you around Friday night, I imagine there's going to be some dinner festivities?

·
Misfit Toy
23,426 Posts
I might be able to make dinner festivities - keep me posted.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
snapdragen said:
I might be able to make dinner festivities - keep me posted.
this suxs, i'm jealous.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
thinkcooper said:
J's I'm bummed we didn't get to connect in Sandy Eggo. It'll happen.
bring a butt plug.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
thinkcooper said:
Didn't you say that's why YOU were gonna be there?
that all depends on yer wife.

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
Let's open this ride up. Who else is game for our Saturday jaunt from the coast up through to the Santa Cruz mountains?

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
thinkcooper said:
As Mohair indicated above, it's all myth. Sorry bout that. Nothing here to see. Move along. :D
i'm "excited" rite now.

·
Strained coccyx etc etc
21,050 Posts
thinkcooper said:
Let's open this ride up. Who else is game for our Saturday jaunt from the coast up through to the Santa Cruz mountains?
jealous. me. etc.

·
Motorator
4,166 Posts
thinkcooper said:
I'd make it if I could, and I'd like to, but I think I'm racing that morning in Rancho Cordova.

·
In need of sock puppet
9,420 Posts
I wanted to post a quick invite for those that want to join us downtown Santa Cruz for dinner on Friday night the 5th. Send me email at steve (at) thinkcooper (dot) com if you're interested in hooking up.

·
here comes trouble
10,045 Posts
thinkcooper said:
Send me email at steve (at) thinkcooper (dot) com if you're interested in hooking up.
Well dinner ain't exactly what comes to mind when you say hooking up. NTTAWWT :p

1 - 20 of 23 Posts