Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went on a very tiring business trip to Atlanta this week. 7 hour drive down on Sunday, 3 days of meetings and testing with 12-14 hour days then drive home last night after leaving Atlanta at 4:30. Oddly enough I was the biggest guy on the trip. The other guys are small and thin. One of the guys new I'd gained some weight over the last few months and started calling me the chubby guy. One advantage. The 3 skinny guys packed into the back seat of the SUV, I got shotgun so the 'Chubby Guy' would have some room.

Worst part was that I didn't get any time to see Atlanta of hook up with Tcon as I'd hoped I could do. After going in this morning and working I'm basically a zombie. I'm not sure how long it will take to catch up with the lounge.

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And a big thanks to TOG, I made an MP3 of the John Hiatt that you sent. It lasted through the whole trip back from Atlanta to Home. 96.5 songs at high volume kept me going.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
You need to cut out the beer, chips and evening snacks. I know, easier said than done but... Also, have you been riding? Remember, you have the 24 Hours of Booty coming up -- motivation, motivation, motivation.

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not enough time to ride lately. Crazy hours at work. I'm going to try to get in some riding over the next couple of weeks before I ship out to Tacoma/Redmond. I'd actually lost a few pounds before the trip. I didn't eat that poorly on the trip so hopefully I can continue the trend.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Hey, if you're traveling to the west coast you can do wind sprints up and down the aisle of the plane during your flight. High intensity work outs really raise the metabolism and help in weight loss. Just make sure you don't chase the stewardesses or they may think you're a pervert. Then again, they may not.

·
Administrator
13,009 Posts
Maybe you should go to a carnival. . .

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Coolhand said:
Maybe you should go to a carnival. . .
Go hell!! I are one!!

·
Call me a Fred
16,999 Posts
Teh Lounge chicks think that you are hot.

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MikeBiker said:
Teh Lounge chicks think that you are hot.
At least one of them does and that's what counts!!:D

·
Stumpcake!
5,950 Posts
Man, I still can't believe your employer expected you to actually perform acts of labor on a business trip!!! :D

I hate that we didn't meet up but I may be fairly near to you in the not too distant future. I have to head back home for a wedding on the next big holiday weekend. I'm thinking a hop(s), skip and a jump up into VA may be in order. Or we could ditch all that hoping and skipping nonsense and do some very slow, fat guy NNCing!

"Hey Mommy, what are all those sumo wrestlers doing in painted on seafoam green and riding bikes?" :)

·
Spicy Dumpling
9,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
tconrady said:
Man, I still can't believe your employer expected you to actually perform acts of labor on a business trip!!! :D
Yeah, I know. But It seems many of my colleagues end up meeting in the morning, nice business lunch, short meeting then a little work and run around town before dinner and drinks.

My days are usually meet customer in morning, get to work on requirements and fixes, milky way and a mountain dew for lunch, then coding and testing until we sneak out for a bite around 10. I guess the advantage is that I don't work for sales.

tconrady said:
I hate that we didn't meet up but I may be fairly near to you in the not too distant future. I have to head back home for a wedding on the next big holiday weekend. I'm thinking a hop(s), skip and a jump up into VA may be in order. Or we could ditch all that hoping and skipping nonsense and do some very slow, fat guy NNCing!

"Hey Mommy, what are all those sumo wrestlers doing in painted on seafoam green and riding bikes?" :)
That could be arranged. I'm not riding a lot but I am riding occasionally...

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
milky way and a mountain dew for lunch

There's your weight problem -- sugar, sugar and more sugar. I know it's tough to eat right, especially when traveling, but that sweet stuff is just not good for you. Packs on pounds and does crazy things to your body.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts