Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
A local Bicycle Forum site has a two games going. One's called Photo Tag and the others called Speed Photo Tag. Object of the game is the same, a picture of your bike is posted in a place. Object of the game is to ride to that spot take roughly the same picture and then post the next tag spot before anyone else does. Photo Tag covers most of the twin cities and places don't need to be well known and speed tag is only inside the Minneapolis city limits and is meant to be a place that most people would recognize so the tags turn quickly. I've been trying to win and have mostly been getting skunked.

• First photo is my first try. Took off for the spot and somebody posted it about a half hour after I left.
  • Second photo was a successful tag by me in Photo Tag. My only one so far :)
  • Third Photo was my Tag spot for others to find.
  • Fourth photo is from the same ride. I went for the current standing speed tag site, but it had turned twice by the time I got home.
  • Fifth picture was a speed tag I took but got skunked by an hour or so.
  • I was going to grab another on the way home last night, but it got tagged about 20 minutes before I left the office. The new one was someplace I have no idea where it might be, so I did the commute report instead.

·
customusertitle.
246 Posts
this is my GF in the midst of her first 50 miler.. she just started riding about two months ago. i can't begin to tell you how proud of her i was at the end of this day.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
A few random Vancouver shots

I took plenty of photos this month. These ones are sort of a random sampling in and around my home town.

1) Festivals are always popular summer things. This is one from the Gay Pride Parade, which in Vancouver at least is a hugely popular family event. The streets are lined with about 300,000 folks spanning the whole gamut of the population. You can decide if these are men or women.
2) Since public art seems to be a theme in this thread: the upside down church
3) Classic Car show: that is a 1966 Ferrari - my favourite in the whole show
4) My dog, Kublai, rummaging about.
5) Angry looking sky over downtown
6) Railyards because well, I have always had a bit of a thing for trains

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
We had a nice full moon in August

This was the night of the eclipse, But I didn't stay up that late.

·
Registered
606 Posts
ckelly49 said:
this is my GF in the midst of her first 50 miler.. she just started riding about two months ago. i can't begin to tell you how proud of her i was at the end of this day.
Major congratulations on getting your GF into cycling.

Mine works in the healthcare field, so she knows how it would benefit her health. So it shouldn't be a problem getting her into it, but things sometimes aren't as easy as you'd think. :mad2:

We now return to our regularly scheduled thread...

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
Where were those shots from

Looks like someone got out in the wilderness a lot in August. Where were you?

·
I used to wave
417 Posts
oarsman said:
Looks like someone got out in the wilderness a lot in August. Where were you?
The backpack pics are in the Shining Rock Wilderness area in western NC. The rest are also in WNC around the Nantahala Gorge. The last mtb race pic was central Ga.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Eli's first tomatos ever...

Eli's first tomatos ever... the best I ever tasted. Parents out there know what I mean.

singlecross

·
Registered
61 Posts
Mountain Biking in Mammoth

Did plenty of commuting as usual on the Paramount but the highlight of the month was mountain biking at Mammoth Mountain. You can barely make out a chair lift behind me in the first shot.

We also made the trip to Yosemite and I took this shot of Tioga Lake just before the entrance of the park. It was very dry but the weather was unbeatable the entire time we were there. Can't wait to go back in the winter for fun in the snow!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts