Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Big is relative
11,887 Posts
LaMaddelena, Sardinia

The end of August brought some cloudy weather and dramatic sunsets. Those MTB pictures from Bahrain brought back memories. Walking from the El Safir hotel to the American compound meant losing five pounds in sweat. Truly one the most miserable places on earth in the summer.

·
my legs hurt
1,014 Posts
MB1 said:
August is a good month for riding. I bet there are some great photos out there!
What is that memorial with the guy halfway underwater? i'm thinking of taking a trip to DC with the GF this fall and would love to see that one.

·
Registered
61 Posts
The Awakening

beantownbiker said:
What is that memorial with the guy halfway underwater? i'm thinking of taking a trip to DC with the GF this fall and would love to see that one.
It's not really a memorial and it's not underwater but rather a sculpture of a man embedded in the earth struggling to come to the surface. It's called The Awakening and is on Hains Point in DC and if you want to see it you'd better get a move on because it's being moved to PG County, MD (within the year I think).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Awakening_(Johnson_sculpture)

·
my legs hurt
1,014 Posts
bburgbiker said:
It's not really a memorial and it's not underwater but rather a sculpture of a man embedded in the earth struggling to come to the surface. It's called The Awakening and is on Hains Point in DC and if you want to see it you'd better get a move on because it's being moved to PG County, MD (within the year I think).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Awakening_(Johnson_sculpture)

wow, thanks for the info!!

·
Have a nice day
5,893 Posts
I did some good riding in August, but I didn't take my camera with me most of the time. My only ride with the camera was when I went to visit Undies Jr. at his job site in early August.

·
Premium Member
21,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
That very first photo rocks! (Actually they all rock but the first one really catches the eye).

BTW I guess you are indeed frugal if you are complaining about the Holga!

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
MB1 said:
That just looks like a whole lot of fun!
I was wondering if we could do something like it here on RBR. I was thinking something like, post a picture of your bike and your VietNam Veterans memorial, then somebody else shows their bike and their VietNam Veternas Memorial (need not be the same one) and posts a new photo of say, a waterfall and their bike...next person shows a waterfall in their region, and so on and so on.

Do you think we'd get enough interest on the board to keep it moving?

Scot

·
Have a nice day
5,893 Posts
MB1 said:
Oh man, I bet he is having fun. And they pay him for that?
Yeah, he made good money driving that combine. He earned more in three weeks than his friend earned in a whole year of delivering newspapers. I liked it because it's a summer-only job so it doesn't interfere with school :thumbsup:

·
Who needs a map?
2,527 Posts
That is still one of my favorite statues in DC. I actually said "whoa!" when I opened this thread - great shot!

21 - 38 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.