Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sitting on the pot minding my own business....reading the new Excel Sports catalog....

My dear wife, who is grilling outside, runs in the house and says "Honey I think we need the fire extinguisher": :eek:

Some things you cannot rush..........

BTW, I closed to the cover to the grill and turned off the gas...problem solved.......

Back to the new Excel Catalog

·
Frog Whisperer
40,920 Posts
nothing like scaring the CRAP outa ya!

·
Super Moderator
40,809 Posts
Sounds like someone's wife needs to read the thread about steaks.

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
I got that Excel catalog to. That one and Colorado Cyclist, I don't think I've ever bought anything from either of them but they keep mailing me... hmmm wonder how they can afford to do that? Oh yeah, maybe it's the $400 shoes?

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Creakyknees said:
I got that Excel catalog to. That one and Colorado Cyclist, I don't think I've ever bought anything from either of them but they keep mailing me... hmmm wonder how they can afford to do that? Oh yeah, maybe it's the $400 shoes?
I think CC finally cut me off.... I still buy a couple of times per year at Excel.....

·
Rollin' Stones
2,560 Posts
I read the Excel cat on the crapper too. Was it the latest one or the previous that had the weird errors in it? Like the inside back page had a frame floating there with no price or text? I'd look to see, but, I'm not on the toilet at this moment.

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cydswipe said:
I read the Excel cat on the crapper too. Was it the latest one or the previous that had the weird errors in it? Like the inside back page had a frame floating there with no price or text? I'd look to see, but, I'm not on the toilet at this moment.

I'm going from memory but it had a guy in a black jersey climbing on the cover

·
My back hurts
4,862 Posts
Dave Hickey said:
I'm sitting on the pot minding my own business....reading the new Excel Sports catalog....

My dear wife, who is grilling outside, runs in the house and says "Honey I think we need the fire extinguisher": :eek:

Some things you cannot rush..........

BTW, I closed to the cover to the grill and turned off the gas...problem solved.......

Back to the new Excel Catalog
On a somewhat related note, I just figured out that my wife has been throwing away the Excel catalogs before I even see them. WTF?

·
Premium Member
20,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
mickey-mac said:
On a somewhat related note, I just figured out that my wife has been throwing away the Excel catalogs before I even see them. WTF?

Too funny.. mine too...and Performance, Nashbar, etc.........

I got the mail on Saturday..I'll show her....I'll order some $400 shoes...well...maybe not...( just kidding honey)

·
n00bsauce
13,507 Posts
Smart woman. She's a keeper.

·
n00bsauce
13,507 Posts
By the sound of the title I thought for sure this was about drugs. Now I'm disappointed.

·
Premium Member
10,106 Posts
mickey-mac said:
You actually use your home address when you order stuff online or from catalogues? :confused: I have everything sent to the office, that way Mrs. S can't count the incoming boxes. Thus, I usually get catalogues both at the office and at home. :

·
Custom Title= ?
785 Posts

I bought a frame from CC back in '97, not much since and they still send catalogs....
The Nashbar/Performance catalogs get a quick scan before going into the recycle bin....
More stuff gets ordered from XL than any other single source; they keep sending catalogs.
For intermittent recreational perusal, a Grainger catalog is in the reading room....
For the cranky old geek.

·
Hermia commutes
1,496 Posts
I just did the same thing to my husband. I was using a cast iron frying pan on the grill to cook flatbreads. A box of matches was hiding on the little grill shelf and suddenly self-ignited. There was a whooosh and a big ball o' fire. I shrieked. Husband came running, I expect from the bathroom. Oops. Nothing dire happened, it burned out as quickly as it ignited, but it was a bit startling!

·
Banned
3,060 Posts
We have a contractual division of labor in our house. the stove top is shared, the oven is hers and the grills are mine.

I'm the one who keeps tabs on the extinguisher... I'm not sure she knows where it is. But then I don't know where the baking soda is.

·
still shedding season
8,849 Posts
We have those moments too... Yesterday wifey dropped the marinated artichokes and they landed perfectly in one of the dog dishes. Dog was not amused.

Resisting the urge to ask WTF about the coke can.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts