Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just drove a 6-speed Nissan 370Z. Holy pickled tomatoes! This thing is friggin' world class. Steering, gearbox, brakes, engine note, scary fast.

The GTI is a very, very sporty car. The 370Z is a SPORTS CAR. This thing is seriously like driving a 911. Just not as pretty.

Do want!

·
waterproof*
41,608 Posts
If you were into cycling I'd advise something with more interior room, but since you're not, I say get it a drive fast!

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
those nissans are nice, but depending on how many options you throw on it I think the value proposition goes away

the base 370Z is great and cheap, a loaded one puts you in the same price ballpark as some really nice competition (where I wouldn't choose the 370)

·
Mehpic
8,162 Posts
Henry Chinaski said:
I've driven all the 370z extensively, including the Nismo. They're ok, but I prefer the new Mustang (and I haven't even tried the new 5.0 yet!).
mustang + V6 (or anything other than a V8) = wrong...at least IMHO.

·
wut?
14,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Creakyknees said:
If you were into cycling I'd advise something with more interior room, but since you're not, I say get it a drive fast!
I'd probably keep the Saab hatch even if I got a new car.

Its worth nothing, and I've the garage space... And I'm being transferred to the ghetto in a few weeks, so the Saab would make a nice work car.

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
ZOMGWTFBBQALT - I almost got one, but it had no back seat. Dealbreaker, but I was still trying to find ways to strap my daughter to the roof. I tried to convince the Mrs. it would work, but no dice.

That car is teh Hawt.

·
Frog Whisperer
40,886 Posts
bmxhacksaw said:
I remember bitd how many Vette owners got embarrassed by 240z's
indeed they were...I was one that helped. I loved luring the vette out to a winding country, mountain road and watch them TRY to negotiate the course driving a fricking snow-plow as they disappeared from view in my rear view.

·
hit it
4,006 Posts
Keep in mind, the Infiniti G37 Sedan is also a rockin' car if'n you need interior space. Sports Sedan at it's finest.

My wife has an '07 G35 and I love that car!

·
p != b
2,303 Posts
For the money, I'll take the Genesis Coupe (either the Turbo-4 or the v6) over the 370z.

The 370z is still a damn good looking car.

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
bopApocalypse said:
For the money, I'll take the Genesis Coupe (either the Turbo-4 or the v6) over the 370z.

The 370z is still a damn good looking car.
Have you driven the Genesis Coupe? I had a loaded V6 for a week and thought it was a dog... Terrible tranny... 370Z is way nicer IMO.

·
p != b
2,303 Posts
Henry Chinaski said:
Have you driven the Genesis Coupe? I had a loaded V6 for a week and thought it was a dog... Terrible tranny... 370Z is way nicer IMO.
nope, haven't driven any of the cars in this thread - too poor.

the genesis coupe that was at the Wendover Solo National Tour seemed pretty quick, but I don't remember whether the Turbo 4 or the v6 goes into G-Stock.

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
bopApocalypse said:
nope, haven't driven any of the cars in this thread - too poor.

the genesis coupe that was at the Wendover Solo National Tour seemed pretty quick, but I don't remember whether the Turbo 4 or the v6 goes into G-Stock.
My guess is the four banger.

My feeling is for affordable two seat sports car: Miata. Somewhat practical 2+2 fun car: Mustang.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts