Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Banned
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have wasted so much time going back and forth on this one. I just can't decide which color headset I should get for my new bike. The frame & fork are black, but the majority of the components are silver. Black headset or silver?

On the one hand, the color of a black headset meshes in well with the black frame. So, the head tube, headset cups, and fork, would be one unified color. On the other hand, the cranks, rims, stem, bars, etc. are silver, so silver would offer a good complementary color. I don't know what to do. Should I get the black headset or silver?

· Yo no fui.
8,486 Posts
I'd get silver to make it pop out of the black frame. I like silver parts.

· haole from the mainland
5,966 Posts
What color is the seat tube collar? If it's silver, definitely silver headset. If it's black, eh, either silver or black.

barbedwire said:
I have wasted so much time going back and forth on this one. I just can't decide which color headset I should get for my new bike. The frame & fork are black, but the majority of the components are silver. Black headset or silver?

On the one hand, the color of a black headset meshes in well with the black frame. So, the head tube, headset cups, and fork, would be one unified color. On the other hand, the cranks, rims, stem, bars, etc. are silver, so silver would offer a good complementary color. I don't know what to do. Should I get the black headset or silver?

· No team-cest unless 8+!
7,287 Posts
my CX bike has a silver headset... along with silver stem/post/spacers...

collar is red which matches the nipples.

unfortunately I don't have silver bars. i can't find high end silver bars (the deda ones aren't the same silver...).

· Banned forever.....or not
24,573 Posts
Don't be dull
Pick something with a little color, or better yet, pick my Rasta headset.

· World's 1st Anal-rapist
1,124 Posts
+1 on the Rasta.

If not, Silver.

· Banned
270 Posts
Rasta ??? what frame do suggest making ugly with that circus headset ????

I just got a colnago saroni .. was stumped w/ headset look . Went with record , but was torn by a black king .... not MLK

will post pics of finished build in a day or two

same with my Peg , but the king won out there.. although I alwost went pewter

· Resident Curmudgeon
13,390 Posts
Flip a coin. If the black side lands up, get the silver. If the black sid.................

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.