Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

Well?

• Have some beets, you'll be fine.

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • It's Ebola. Stay away from me.

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Doc in a box. Mmmm I dig wasting half the day to be told "it'll take care of itself, that's $400"

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Rectal water jet therapy FTW!

Votes: 12 38.7%
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife's been bugging me. It's a week straight of diarrhea. And now I have flu-like symptoms too.

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
p.s. Andrea: I'm pulling the plug on RR. Seriously bummed out right now.

·
Administrator
13,007 Posts
Arnold voice: "It's not a Tooooo-mah!"

Yes, see the doc already.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
give it another week.

·
eminence grease
18,538 Posts
Creakyknees said:
p.s. TerryB: as of this morning I've hit my target weight. Yay.
Yea, but drinking pond water as a natural purge is not the way to do it.

What's your BMI, anyway?

(Relative you your actual question, I had a similar afflication once. I was subsisting on baked potatoes for more than 2 weeks as that was the only thing that didn't double me over. Tried to go to the doc, but got caught up in the insensitive, uncaring system. Never did get an answer the theory was Giardia. It went away on its own.)

Have you tried yoghurt and Immodium? Happens to be frequently in China with all the weird sh!t I eat. Those two set me straight ASAP.

·
had it in the ear before
13,965 Posts
wear a "Man-pon"

·
It's not TOO Cold!
2,498 Posts
Eats some beets, don't worry about washing them. Then search the house for any left over medicine that the kiddos didn't finish. That always seems to work for me, most of the time.:D

·
Game on, b*tches!
13,467 Posts
Poopin fer a week? Get thee (or her) to a Dr. I generally don't go unless it's absolutely necessary, but a week is a long time...

·
Seat's not level
19,372 Posts
Why would you go to a Dr.? He might have something to help you get better or at least feel better? Asking a bunch of Moreons on the interwebs is a much better option !

BTW, somebody my parents know. Their adult son wasn't feeling good for about a week. Kept getting worse, but he kept refusing to go to the Dr. Finally Sunday morning he agreed that he would go on Monday. Died Sunday night. Happened about 3 months ago. Guess he had pneumonia or something like that.

·
Lemur-ing
18,987 Posts
Creakyknees said:
24.5, baby.

I'll try the yogurt and Imodium.
Pfft. Fatty. ;)

Get back to twittering will ya? Moreon. Multiple tweets a day helps burn that extra fraction of a calorie you need to beat Terry B.

·
Captain Obvious
11,876 Posts
immodium will now give you the opposite problem. weight gain now.

·
All I wanted was a Pepsi!
5,351 Posts
HTFU, pu$$y.

·
Glue Sniffer
4,598 Posts
Nah. It makes way more sense to pay an insane amount for insurance while refusing to use its services.

You should eat a few cans of corn and take some Ex-lax.

·
waterproof*
41,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
catzilla said:
Nah. It makes way more sense to pay an insane amount for insurance while refusing to use its services.
Assumptions, my dear. My insurance is pretty cheap, mainly because it's a very high deductible / catastrophic plan. So, yeah, money is a factor in my choices of whether to vist a doc or not.

But the bigger question is: if I spend 4 hours and $400, what's the doc gonna say? Take some Imodium and wait it out?

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
get a work up. BTW, immodium stops the diarrhea, but while this seems like a good idea, sometimes you dont want to retain what your GI system is trying to get rid of.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts