Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
here comes trouble
Joined
·
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to fill out my que. Anyone else with Netflix? Do they usually ship fast? Got any reccomendations?
 

·
NeoRetroGrouch
Joined
·
6,491 Posts
paint said:
I need to fill out my que. Anyone else with Netflix? Do they usually ship fast? Got any reccomendations?
Don't use it too often. The more you use it, the lower you go on the wait list. - TF
 

·
Non Non Cyclist
Joined
·
5,777 Posts
I've been using them for a few months

I like quirky movies. And I love that you can get the director's cuts of a lot of movies. I recently watched the 10 year anniversary director's editon of Clerks and currently have the director's cut of Donnie Darko waiting at home.

They have cycling movies, too.
 

·
here comes trouble
Joined
·
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do not like Donnie Darko, but I like lots of other weird stuff. But mostly I'm excited about Madagascar.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,627 Posts
the post about waitlist is right. My wife and I probably watch about 12-15 movies a month and get them all through netflix, we have seen in the last few months their turnaround time get longer and longer, even thought they have a distribution center here in Louisville, so in theory it should take only 2 days.

They are facing lawsuits about this action on their part.
 

·
here comes trouble
Joined
·
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is it really that bad? I might have to cancel when my two weeks free are up. :(
 

·
Back from the dead
Joined
·
20,626 Posts
paint said:
I need to fill out my que. Anyone else with Netflix? Do they usually ship fast? Got any reccomendations?
For me, the worst film ever made was "Last Year at Marienbad." I do not recommend it.
 

·
here comes trouble
Joined
·
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mohair_chair said:
For me, the worst film ever made was "Last Year at Marienbad." I do not recommend it.
Wow. You're so helpful.
 

·
Back from the dead
Joined
·
20,626 Posts
paint said:
Wow. You're so helpful.
You really have no idea how valuable my recommendation is. Go ahead, rent the film. You'll see. And you'll come running back here to say you're sorry. Well, don't bother. I'm not a bitter man, despite all the suffering I've endured. Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked in the head with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. It's a dumb question. Skip it.
 

·
here comes trouble
Joined
·
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know what it's like to fall in the mud with a steel-toed boot on. And then get stepped on. But not kicked in the head. :eek:
 

·
BS the DC
Joined
·
1,422 Posts
The ship fast at first during the free trial. I've noticed the shipping slowing down since I began paying.
 

·
rock n rolling resistance
Joined
·
851 Posts
bsdc said:
The ship fast at first during the free trial. I've noticed the shipping slowing down since I began paying.
I am on my trial period as well... movies came real fast (they were shipped from a nearby town)... "Hard Road" wasn't too bad... if they slow down that bad I'll have to cancel... but not before I get my 4000 UA miles (2000 miles for signing up thru UA site and another 2000 miles after the first paid month...)

I hope I can tolerate their service though as they have decent selections of foreign movies and such which I've always preferred over many hollywood crap... as I live in suburb now access to foreign movies is nil...
 

·
Sticky Valentine
Joined
·
28,404 Posts
mohair_chair said:
You really have no idea how valuable my recommendation is. Go ahead, rent the film. You'll see. And you'll come running back here to say you're sorry. Well, don't bother. I'm not a bitter man, despite all the suffering I've endured. Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked in the head with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. It's a dumb question. Skip it.


I've fallen in the mud and gotten kicked in the head with boots with aluminum spikes on them. Does that count? (Man, do I miss rugby.)




joe
 

·
Shirtcocker
Joined
·
60,639 Posts
paint said:
I do not like Donnie Darko, but I like lots of other weird stuff. But mostly I'm excited about Madagascar.
Madagascar wasn't bad for a kid flick, but it was far from good.

//Why not Donnie Darko? That movie blew me away...
 

·
Genitive Declensioner
Joined
·
12,146 Posts
JoeDaddio said:
I've fallen in the mud and gotten kicked in the head with boots with aluminum spikes on them. Does that count? (Man, do I miss rugby.)




joe

sounds like you would like gladiator movies....nttawwt
 

·
here comes trouble
Joined
·
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That movie creeps me the hell out, for serious.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
in the thing you have to "sign" to be a netflix memebr they sneak all that crap in there. So its as legit as any other fine print stuff people are forced to sign. Basically if you rent lots of movies you get your stuff slower. If you rent less or are new you get your movies faster. New people and people who rent less also get the movies that are on wait lists sooner. I think at like 8 or 10 a month is when they start slowing things down. It sucks. I read an article online about it a while back. Sadly i am still a member though. they have a lot of cycling stuff. I just got done watching hell on wheels. Its about the tour and kinda behind the scenes stuff with riders. Pretty good movie. Lots of mountain bike stuff if your into that too. And music. Decent selection of independent films.
 

·
here comes trouble
Joined
·
10,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It might've been him. Can't say for sure.
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top