Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Embrace your inner Fred
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Im new here and just wanted to introduce myself. Im not entirely new to biking as Ive had BMX's, MTB's in the past. But this is my first foray into racing bikes. I just purchased a Motobecane Immortal Spirit and absolutely love the bike. Its feels so light but extremely fragile but strong.:shocked: Not used to featherweight bikes and just sitting on it, though not finished being fully put together, makes me wonder if it can take daily riding here in NYC especially with my 6'6" 255 lb behind. I get the feeling from reading some bike forums that Motobecane is junk? Hope not.

Anyone here with experience with this particular bike on rough terrain.[potholes, poor roads surfaces etc]. It just feels so fragile yet strong at the same time. Weirdest bike Ive ever owned lol. Maybe I should have tried a more entry level bike at first but the deal on this model I couldnt pass up. Anyway Im in the process of finding a good bike shop to tune it up and finish putting it together. Got a few things I have to purchase like much better pedals, seats, softer brakes before I ride this beauty. Any info like an excellent, trustworthy, reputable bike shop locally here in NYC[Brooklyn] would be also appreciated. Had bad experiences with my Z at tuner shops so Im kinda very weary of the shadyness that can take place. Switching out parts etc. Thanks all.

·
Fat'r + Slow'r than TMB
10,086 Posts
Welcome to the forum first off. As far as specifics on the particular bike you purchased you might want to check out the bike manufactures forum. As far as hitting pot holes, in general no matter what or who built the bike, try to avoid them especially being a bigger rider. I am the same size as you and I try to avoid excess stress on my bike as much as possible.

·
Embrace your inner Fred
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Oh believe me I avoid potholes just trying to convey the crappyness of NYC streets. Just hoping the frame and fork can take the punishment of daily riding. :cool: I will check out the forum you mentioned.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.