Road Bike, Cycling Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pricing the Record groupset on 11speed.com and wondered how much import duties could one expect to pay. I looked at the duty pricing sheet on totalcycling but it did not give me a clear indication on a groupset. Any ideas?

·
Registered
30 Posts
not 100 percent sure, but i think on a group set, there are no dutys, but somethings by themselves have dutys. on totals web site it says, "Group items are not subject to US customs duties." good luck, let us know how it goes, kestrel

carb850 said:
Pricing the Record groupset on 11speed.com and wondered how much import duties could one expect to pay. I looked at the duty pricing sheet on totalcycling but it did not give me a clear indication on a groupset. Any ideas?

·
Registered
841 Posts
carb850 said:
I've paid nothing on two occasions. Duties on components--unlike, frames, wheels, or entire bikes, are supposed to be zero (the duty on a frameset plus groupset, shipped separately, is considerably lower than the duty on the bike once it is assembled). Double-check with customs--(a) my experience, although not terribly old, may be dated and (b) enforcement may not be entirely consistent.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Total Cycling

If you visit the Total Cycling site you will see that there is no duty for group sets. i don't know why this is, but they have a chart that shows the % of price you pay for duty and groups are 0!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts